Battle Need to purchase a new phone. Any suggestions?

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Moto G5 is the most pleasant experience of those. Software is 5 stars. But the device is not that great.
Nokia 5/6 have very nice build quality but battery/performance is kinda bad for now.
Samsung J line has very poor update support.
All this being said, I would go for the Motorola.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I would pick the samsung. Its value for money.
Thankyou for your suggestion. I would see Samsung cutting off basic features and basic Sensors in their mobiles. While the same specifications are available in competitive brands. I am planning to ignore Samsung now. I would prefer Apple over Samsung. But since its out of my budget, I will be considering competitive alternative.
iPhone 6 or 7 plus is a good choice.
I have an iPhone 6 plus, and have never had such a good phone.:)
iPhone 6 is same as 5S except for the new design, I wouldn't fall for it. If had more money I would have bought 6S, unfortunately that is not the case.
@Purshu_Pro: You just purchased a new phone, right?
My vote: Nokia 6.
Yes @Vasudev . I had to return the phone since it was heating a lot and the battery performance was not that good with even 3000 mah. I am planning for Nokia 6 too.

@Evjl's Rain . Thankyou for ur suggestion. I would prefer Apple over Samsung if I had only a few more money to spend.

Reactions: Vasudev

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I vote Moto G5s Plus. :)
but if you look for build quality it goes to samsung J7 Pro (minus there are no notif LED). battery life is good enough.
If you want try to consider Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (snapdragon 625 varian) and you can try to mod it with AOSP ROM, etc.

CMIIW
Thankyou for your suggestion.
I am ignoring Samsung J7 Pro for its price tag and old hardware. There is not even Gorilla Glass protection in it. So I will not fall for just build quality.
No, I am not thinking of Xiaomi phones.

Alright friends I have decided to go with Nokia 6.:)

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
I only buy phones from Samsung and Apple. You will not regret. Why? because the chance of getting a defective device is much lower than other brands

oh yeah o_O may be this will ring a bell :

maxresdefault.jpg

Thank you:). My new phone..and it will be Nokia again!;)

whew finally :p i would have got a bride in the amount of time you finalized a phone :D congratulations for your new toy in advance :)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
oh yeah o_O may be this will ring a bell :
at least they supported all the users and stopped manufacturing it
while with LG G4 and V10, they still sold them, promised the issue would not happen anymore but the issue still persisted. I went to sony warranty center, I saw they refused to fix many phones which still had warranty. They refused mine, too. They said I let water get into my phone but in fact I never did
I have been a long term user of samsung. My galaxy s3 is still working perfectly. My current s7 still has no problem

samsung still keep their reputation due to the way they dealt with the note 7 situation
ask any g4,v10 who had defected devices, will they buy another LG phones?

Reactions: Purshu_Pro and Jack

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
am not interested in debating since you have already started bifurcating from what you wrote earlier so you can skip the defense thingy.

this is what you wrote :

according to my previous painful experience with smartphones, now, I only buy phones from Samsung and Apple. You will not regret. Why? because the chance of getting a defective device is much lower than other brands

& i have already slammed the point you made above. now you are getting in to after sales & warranty which is not what i referred to.

op has decided to buy the nokia 6. case closed.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Simple, go for the one that has a trade in deal.

Every time I trade in my Apple phone for a Samsung phone, Samsung for Apple, etc.

Most times these companies want you to switch over, but you can do it all the time, sucks if you buy apps but most times now Apps are free and can transfer over.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Simple, go for the one that has a trade in deal.

Every time I trade in my Apple phone for a Samsung phone, Samsung for Apple, etc.

Most times these companies want you to switch over, but you can do it all the time, sucks if you buy apps but most times now Apps are free and can transfer over.
Thanks for the suggestion. Trading is not good always. You may end up for a defective product which u would know only after a certain days of usage post trade. So Its real risk to trade for the phones. Thats the reason many exchange or sell it for cash.

Btw I have decided to go with Nokia phone. Today I couldnt get the flas sale deal, so I have to wait until next week Wednesday to try again.

Reactions: Vasudev

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Friends is iPhone 6 worth to invest on? The 32 GB variant is selling rapid in India recently.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Hi everyone. Its been very long since I had switched my phone. And now the time has come for me to buy a new phone finally.
My searches are for
  • Budget in $300 (20000 INR).
  • Android Phone preferred
  • Non Chinese brands.
So I am looking forward for a phone that would serve me well based according my needs. For this purpose I have created this thread where I could find some suggestions and choices.
Along with that I have the following smartphones in my mind but I'm confused of choosing the right one.
  1. Samsung J7 Pro
  2. Nokia 6
  3. Nokia 5
  4. Moto G5 Plus
  5. Moto G5S Plus
So friends which would be the right choice for me? Let me know ur suggestions too.
Thankyou:)
Is willeyfox avaible in your country? If yes its nice :)

Iself have a s8+ but i think in the 300 range the swift2x will be good :)

Another good one is lenovo p2

F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Friends is iPhone 6 worth to invest on? The 32 GB variant is selling rapid in India recently.
first of all I'm prefer iOS to android anytime anywhere :)
but about iPhone 6:
-low battery life
-fairly old hardware 2014 ( old for tech world :D )
-32 GB memory is pretty low ( also iPhone never support external memory as u know )
-infame iphone 6 Bending

I think you better go for nokia 6 or make some cash for upcoming iPhone :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.