Battle Need to purchase a new phone. Any suggestions?

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
you are not getting a phone any time soon. i predict this thread will go on till christmas.

probably by then your budget will go higher & there will be some more new models to consider & you will still be asking :
I'd suggest him to wait for some flagship price to go down rapidly, like mid range level. :D
Which good quality OEM's phone's price goes down rapidly?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@ispx , yes I feel the same way. But I am worried to invest on anything that isn't worth of. My current phone is Nokia Asha 311 and I feel a lot free with this phone.:D

@Deletedmessiah , No i will not invest on Android Flagship Phones. If I have to purchase one, it will be from Apple.;)

Apple Fest just begun on Amazon. I am switching to iPhone. Irealized that Android Phones doesn't posses resale value. So I will be purchasing a used smartphone in and around 2000 INR which would benefit my project. Or I will be considering Samsung J7 Nxt/ Nokia 5 as a backup for my iPhone. How does it sounds?

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
@ispx , yes I feel the same way. But I am worried to invest on anything that isn't worth of. My current phone is Nokia Asha 311 and I feel a lot free with this phone.:D

@Deletedmessiah , No i will not invest on Android Flagship Phones. If I have to purchase one, it will be from Apple.;)

Apple Fest just begun on Amazon. I am switching to iPhone. Irealized that Android Phones doesn't posses resale value. So I will be purchasing a used smartphone in and around 2000 INR which would benefit my project. Or I will be considering Samsung J7 Nxt/ Nokia 5 as a backup for my iPhone. How does it sounds?
I personally don't like iOS much due to limitations but they do perform great and you'll get updates for much longer than Android and great support. I'd suggest to go for Plus models because they have great battery life while regular ones have average. Except SE, which has good battery life from what I've heard but it is small.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
you are still clueless, that is how it sounds. people buy cars in the amount of time you are taking to buy a phone, seriously. good luck.
Yes I am still confused, I guess I have to help myself now. :oops:

tlacenka

Level 2
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
i would still wait for apple event - new phones makes the prices down...of older devices - even iphone, even android phones
wrote what are your priorities for phone and then choose the right, that can fulfill your requirements... u can customize a lot of things on android

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
BTW, I ordered iPhone SE 32 GB variant yesterday, because of the pleasing Amazon Apple fest offers I couldn't resist it.
It costed me 15000 INR with the exchange of my Lumia 730. So total bill was 19000 INR.

I will be buying an pre-used Android Phone or one with a price tag under 10000 INR.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@Purshu_Pro, congratulations on your new purchase. finally done :D

@BoraMurdar, mod please close this thread before the op changes his mind again :p just kidding ;)
Its finally done when I receive the phone and check the warranty status online.

Don't worry, even if I change my mind it would be just another phone. And I know u will still be here to help me out.;)
Thank you :)

Reactions: ispx and BoraMurdar

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Finally I have received my new first iPhone and started using it. :D

I am very much thankful to all who helped me in selecting a good phone. I know I have let down some suggestions but I will keep that in my mind and help any others who is looking to purchase a affordable smartphone by suggesting them your recommended devices.:)

Thank you all for helping me out.:)

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
And I know u will still be here to help me out.

anytime brother, anytime.

Finally I have received my new first iPhone and started using it.

once again, congratulations on your new iphone.

I know I have let down some suggestions

that is ok, no harm done. listen to all but eventually listen to your heart, is my advice to you.

Thank you all for helping me out.

you are always welcome PP.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
F

ForgottenSeer 65219

Finally I have received my new first iPhone and started using it. :D

I am very much thankful to all who helped me in selecting a good phone. I know I have let down some suggestions but I will keep that in my mind and help any others who is looking to purchase a affordable smartphone by suggesting them your recommended devices.:)

Thank you all for helping me out.:)
You made it ! :)
Congratulations

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
BTW, I ordered iPhone SE 32 GB variant yesterday, because of the pleasing Amazon Apple fest offers I couldn't resist it.
It costed me 15000 INR with the exchange of my Lumia 730. So total bill was 19000 INR.

I will be buying an pre-used Android Phone or one with a price tag under 10000 INR.

You are lucky to get rebates after exchanging an old hardware from 2012, it seems Apple is forcing everybody to jump ships from W10 ARM to i0S.
Normally, I don't recommend Apple devs unless you have a Mac and other gadgets. For android app development you could have got a Samsung or Huawei phones.

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I think the iphone SE is a very good choice for that price.
The iOS system is far more secure than Android and the SE phone comes with good hardware.
It's small (one drawback) but fits in your pocket very easily and functions better than most of the other phones on the market. Personally I wouldn't want anything too big- thats what tablets are for and I want to carry the phone around easily in my pocket.
I hope Apple continue to make smaller and cheaper phones- the SE is a very popular product I think.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.