NetShield - Block Ads and Tracker in ProtonVPN

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Hey, I received this by email so I thought I'd share it with you.

Protect yourself from malware, evade online trackers, and block ads with Adblocker (NetShield)​

Today we’re releasing an exciting new feature that makes it easier for paid ProtonVPN users to keep your devices secure and your browsing private.

NetShield is now available on our Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows apps and is in beta on our Linux command line tool. It blocks malware, ads, and online trackers before they even load. This helps keep your device safe and improves your browsing speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have a feeling this will mislead people into thinking they are somehow invincible, which VPN's tend to cause.

Thats marketing, zero problem with that and technically there isnt anything wrong with the info provided.

If people are thinking that this is their fault, they should do their research properly and fortunately VPN users arent average users and so most do.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hey, I received this by email so I thought I'd share it with you.

Any infos about which blocklists they use? Many VPNs have a similar option but don't really tell what exactly they are blocking. I personally use Surfshark's "CleanWeb" and all I can find about it is this: Get Adblock VPN - Block Ads on Apps & Browsers - Surfshark

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020

SohanRay

Level 5
Mar 19, 2022
No reply even after asking them multiple times. Try and send them an email, maybe you get lucky.
Already asked, never been answered. And the have false positives, e.g linkedin doesn't work on phone, in browser. They never fixed it. Also they don't block malicious sites. You can try with sites posted in AlienVault OTX or IBM X Force, 1st check them in Virustotal, and if they are malicious try accessing them and see if its blocked by CleanWeb. Also in adblocker tests it performs bad.

• Wow
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.