Troubleshoot Network issues not being able to play online video games

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Cannot connect to online services
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
unplugged/restarted router, removed kaspersky antivirus, ran multiple av programs like rkill, hitmanpro, kasperky, eset, and reinstalled games
Your current Antivirus
currently using windows defender because I uninstalled kaspersky
I am using an ethernet connection and I have access to the internet to use apps like Brave and discord, but when i try to run video games like any call of duty game or rainbow six siege I get a network connection issue. these are what some of the errors look like below. I have done everything I can think of and I don't know what else to do I have had this issue for months. If anyone needs further information please let me know

1687285428472.png

1687285419921.png
1687285444689.png

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
You can try resetting your network adapter (Windows 10--not sure if this works for 11):

There is a Network Troubleshooter in Windows Control Panel but it's hit or miss, I've found. You can try that though, and see what it says.

If you've rebooted your modem/reset your router and checked all relevant connections, I suppose you'll have to contact your isp and see if someone there can evaluate your connection remotely. Is any of your equipment isp-provided? If not, consider consulting the web-page FAQ of your manuf.

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Are you using any 3rd party firewall or DNS? Maybe try manually adding the game launcher to the allow list of firewall.

Edit: I forgot to ask what OS you are running?

Upvote 0

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
You can try resetting your network adapter (Windows 10--not sure if this works for 11):

There is a Network Troubleshooter in Windows Control Panel but it's hit or miss, I've found. You can try that though, and see what it says.

If you've rebooted your modem/reset your router and checked all relevant connections, I suppose you'll have to contact your isp and see if someone there can evaluate your connection remotely. Is any of your equipment isp-provided? If not, consider consulting the web-page FAQ of your manuf.
I reset my network settings and now I have no internet connection… what do i do
edit: resolved internet issue

Upvote 0

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
Are you using any 3rd party firewall or DNS? Maybe try manually adding the game launcher to the allow list of firewall.

Edit: I forgot to ask what OS you are running?
all av is deleted I am currently using windows defender and I have no DNS settings. All of the games are allowed through the firewall and I am using windows 10

Reactions: SeriousHoax
Upvote 0

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
If you wanted to try to reset Windows 10 firewall rules to their default (step#1 or 4 of the below link), may be worth a shot, but it could also take 2-3 days for Windows to prompt you to allow that outbound connection, as was the case for me not too long ago. But, that is up to you.

Upvote 0

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
Have you checked your host file? Any entry there?
What about reinstalling Windows?
Someone else told me to check my “hosts” file in system 32 and it was modified but I changed it to the way it is supposed to be but it still didn’t fix the issue.

If I reinstall windows will everything on my pc stay the same? Will I keep all files?

Upvote 0

RemarkableTyrannosaurus

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 31, 2022
If you wanted to try to reset Windows 10 firewall rules to their default (step#1 or 4 of the below link), may be worth a shot, but it could also take 2-3 days for Windows to prompt you to allow that outbound connection, as was the case for me not too long ago. But, that is up to you.

Wdym 2-3 days can I still use my computer?

Upvote 0

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I would try to look up solutions online for your second error message:"DETRICK GEILENKIRCHEN" . The wording is pretty specific so the results may help.
Random result:
Reddit result Read the comments also
From short skimming of results: From disabling the av completely, over an ipconfig /flushdns till a complete new install of the game everything worked for one unser and not another :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.