Advice Request Network/Web Security Product to Couple with Cylance?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

poopdookie

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 11, 2021
I use heimdal foresight, works really well with cylance on mac, i also do the same on pc. Heimdal blocks lots of traffic that adguard/other things miss ive noticed. It caught quite a few phishing attempts as well as blocked some bad downloads. The autopatching is a nice feature on windows.

Last edited:

SatoshiX

Dec 5, 2020
I use heimdal foresight, works really well with cylance on mac, i also do the same on pc. Heimdal blocks lots of traffic that adguard/other things miss ive noticed. It caught quite a few phishing attempts as well as blocked some bad downloads. The autopatching is a nice feature on windows.
Thanks, and sorry for my late reply. I've not yet heard Heimdal recommended. Interesting. I had been looking at Glasswire for its remote management ability, but will check out Heimdal based on your advice. Thank you.

Reactions: poopdookie and Nevi

poopdookie

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 11, 2021
I like glasswire a lot, the ability to have virustotal analyze new processes is awesome. Someone in one of the threads mentioned going through steam for the lifetime license (what I did) and it works well. It does get a little thirsty if you keep the monitoring window open but overall it is very helpful. I forgot i had a backup job running and that helped me remember. I was hoping the monitoring would be cloud based but i missread...you have to run a local client to connect to the remote client which probably preferable for a lot of people. Regarding Heimdal, they are a fast growing company, they have an LTD on stack social for their foresight tool for 3 devices. It uses both ai and signatures and uses minimal resources. They have some informative youtube videos also.

Reactions: SatoshiX and Nevi

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
hey, i'm curious ... i have heimdal foresight as well, and i added adguard. but i seemed to have a conflict between the two so i had to uninstall heimdal to fix adguard. are you running the two concurrently? and are they playing nice together on your system?

Reactions: Nevi and Kongo

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
hey, i'm curious ... i have heimdal foresight as well, and i added adguard. but i seemed to have a conflict between the two so i had to uninstall heimdal to fix adguard. are you running the two concurrently? and are they playing nice together on your system?
Since the new version of Adguard it seems to have conflicts with some AV's. Norton for example considers it as malicious and Sophos prevents it from filtering. On a familiy member's PC I also had to uninstall Adguard cause Cylance was detecting it as malicious. You should consider using Microsoft Defender until the problems are fixed. Microsoft Defender is good enough nowadays and protection can be improved with the tool ConfigureDefender by @Andy Ful . I didn't have any problems running MD with Adguard together.

Here is the tool: AndyFul/ConfigureDefender (setting it to "High" is the best way go for the average user)

poopdookie

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 11, 2021
Yes I run both concurrently along with cylance. I have noticed no collisions (I am using Big Sur) between the two. The only kind of collision I had was with Cylance picking up the new version of Adguard and quarantining. On windows I am also doing the same and haven't noticed any issues between Adguard and Heimdal foresight. Lastly I have a Mac that is still running Mojave and no collisions there either (other than Cylance quarantining).

Rollers127

Level 1
Jan 4, 2020
Looking at this thread with interest as running Cylance and really liking it. Currently running with hard configurator on recommended settings. I've not previously looked at Hemidal, but I take it that foresight is part of the Threat Protection Home? If so, it looks rather expensive (UK prices) here so reluctant to spend out even more money over Cylance.

poopdookie

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 11, 2021
Looking at this thread with interest as running Cylance and really liking it. Currently running with hard configurator on recommended settings. I've not previously looked at Hemidal, but I take it that foresight is part of the Threat Protection Home? If so, it looks rather expensive (UK prices) here so reluctant to spend out even more money over Cylance.
They (heimdal) had a lifetime deal for forsight for around $40 for 3 devices. It was very complimentary to many anti viruses. I think they pulled the deal. The only downside for me is the dns loop back it creates but other than that has worked well for me for the last two or so years.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
They (heimdal) had a lifetime deal for forsight for around $40 for 3 devices. It was very complimentary to many anti viruses. I think they pulled the deal. The only downside for me is the dns loop back it creates but other than that has worked well for me for the last two or so years.
What value does it even bring next to the protection of Cylance?

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Yet Another ai that can scrutinize before cylance can, also can prevent phishing/malicious sites.
Why a second real-time protection that does the same as Cylance? There is no need to spend money on web-protection when there are DNS-services or extensions like Malwarebytes Browser Guard or Bitdefender Traffic Light that can do the same for free.

Reactions: poopdookie

poopdookie

Level 2
Thread author
Feb 11, 2021
Why a second real-time protection that does the same as Cylance? There is no need to spend money on web-protection when there are DNS-services or extensions like Malwarebytes Browser Guard or Bitdefender Traffic Light that can do the same for free.
We can agree to disagree on this one, I use dns lists also and agree that the free tools add a nice bit of network protection, but this has caught things that the other free ones haven’t.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.