Advice Request NeuShield Data Sentinel: It looks good but will it combine well with KSC Free?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The combination Kaspersky Cloud Free and Neushield Data Sentinel Free works well together. They both got a thumbs up from Cruelsister (Kaspersky's system watcher and Neushield Data Sentinel) and work so differently that any incompatibility is very unlikely. Impact of Neushield on system performance is not noticeable.

I use SyncBack Free for ad hoc backups of my Documents and Mail (documents, mail and media files are backed up to offline USB disk periodically). Neushield only protects my quick backup drive (and old spare harddisk). Neushield's mirror shielding works well with file-change based backups like Syncback, but not with incremental backups (like windows data backup).

KSC Free and Kaspersky Free both come with System Watcher and encrypted files rollback. Whereas Kaspersky Anti Ransomware Tool comes with detection and blocking. There's no System Watch, hence, no encrypted files rollback.

What happens if there's encryption by ransomware? Which rollback will you take - KSC Free or NeuShield?

From NeuShield website it only protects fixed drives and NOT removable drives

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
NeuShield Data Sentinel is good if it works with an AV/AM which does not have encrypted files rollback/remediation feature. However, most top notch AV/AM have it. So use of NeuShield is pretty limited unless you turn off the rollback feature in the AV/AM something which I believe you don't want to.

KART can work with NeuShield but it's not a full-fledged AV/AM.......just for ransomware protection.

If Norton 360 do NOT have a ransomware encrypted files rollback feature then NeuShield can be useful here.

Last edited:
Reactions: vtqhtr413

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.