Never Download a Driver-Updating Utility; They’re Worse Than Useless

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
Better stay with what the Manufacturer offers and Not with What ambiguous Drive Updaters suggest.;)
The problem is that manufactures often don't provide drivers for new versions of Windows. I'm running Windows 10 on several computers that came with XP or Vista pre-installed. The manufacturers don't provide Windows 10 drivers for any of them. However, Windows 10 runs really well on them, even on 11 year old laptops.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Microsoft
The problem is that manufactures often don't provide drivers for new versions of Windows. I'm running Windows 10 on several computers that came with XP or Vista pre-installed. The manufacturers don't provide Windows 10 drivers for any of them. However, Windows 10 runs really well on them, even on 11 year old laptops.
Default W10 drivers are more than enough for 11 year old PCs.
General rule of thumb is to update Chipset drivers and GPU drivers every 3 months or so. MEI, IRST updates just isn't needed to be updated regularly.

OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Default-Deny
Check Driver Reviver, used to use it as recommendation from the IT department in my previous job, never gave any issues and made our job easier with third-party machines.

roger_m

Level 14
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Panda
Check Driver Reviver, used to use it as recommendation from the IT department in my previous job, never gave any issues and made our job easier with third-party machines.
It's not a bad program, but Wise Driver Care has a much bigger database of driver updates and has a free version. Also, ReviverSoft is a fairly shady company (although, I guess that the same can be said about a lot of others too) and for example, were once advertising for people to write fake positive reviews of their software.

Last edited: