Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Wave

Level 17
Hi! you can a https everywhere and privacy badger to your browser extensionlist , hitman pro alert is NOT an on demand scanner , unless you mean hitman pro. I would replace webroot for something else ( norton or emsisoft ) if I where you when the subscription runs out. webroot is sort of mediocre ( without starting a flaming discussion here ;) ) thanks forsharing your config with us :)

Nevi

Level 4
Verified
Hi Trickster thanks for the advice. I know HitmanPro.alert is not an on demand scanner, but its the same scanner there is in Hitman Pro, and I assumed people knew that. Oh well.I probably change to only use Zemana free and MBAM free when my HMP.alert runs out.

Reactions: hd35

a1nn

Level 2
Hi, what I would suggest you doing is:
  • Add another second opinion scanner, like Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Norton Power Eraser.
  • Add HTTPS Everywhere
  • As Trickster suggested, switch to a different AV when your Webroot subscription ends. They don't have the best detection rate in independent tests, and it takes them some time to rollback malicious actions. For a good, light AV, I would suggest Trend Micro or ESET. (But if you're willing to sacrifice a bit of performance Kaspersky is better)
Thanks for sharing your config! :)

Sunshine-boy

Level 27
Verified
nice real-time protection you got there;)
I tried Webroot before the only problem I found was about some FP and not very good heuristics analysis..anyway its good or at least it's the lightest av in the world:rolleyes::p
I guess HPA will cover the Webroot weaknesses.
if you like You can add a free sandbox to this setup and surf the web into the sandbox.
thnx for sharing:)

Nevi

Level 4
Verified
Thanks for the answers. I know Webroot dont belong in the top, but still it have kept me clean of malware over 7 years. I love it is so light. I dont know, maybe I have just been lucky. That was the reason I added HMP.alert. But I think the end of it will be that I switch too Emsisoft, so I have one application that run the fortress.I feel reasonably sure with both WSA and HMP.alert together, but I think I can just as well use one good app.

Last edited:

Nevi

Level 4
Verified
Ugh this is spooky. Today I installed Emsisoft Malware and I am shocked. Just to try my security with some tests, I took 3 tests at Stackhackr Barkly, and only Webroot responded on the 3 test. Emsisoft ate all 3. It seems it was good I picked a new antimalware product.Its not especially heavy either.
I chose Emsisoft Malware, because I have a NAT router together with Windows firewall, so I think my firewalls should be adequate. But damn, those test learned me a lesson.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Nevi

Level 4
Verified
I tried to install HTTPS Everywhere, but I had to uninstall it again, because half (or more) of the sites I tried to get into was blocked by HTTPS E. because my connection was not private.I have an extension called Stumpleupon that I use alot. That also became totally unsuable. Damn software.

Last edited:

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
I am not using Stumbleupon but have never issues with HTTPS everywhere, no matter if on chrome, firefox or vivaldi...

I don't know what happend to your browser but perhaps there is an issue with other installed extensions...

Reactions: Nevi

Nevi

Level 4
Verified
Its okay I live with it. I think I´m pretty safe with Emsi and HMP (paid).

Last edited:
Reactions: Glashouse
Status
Not open for further replies.