Hot Take New bug?

Bitdefender
2 Replies 670 Views

Parkinsond

Level 67
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Windows 11 client. I noticed my Bitdefender subscription was about to expire so I went to renew it. When I click "Go to Central" from the My Account page on the Total Security client I can't get to the page. My browser (both Edge and Chrome) throw "Hmmm… can't reach this page the connection was reset.". I get blocked going to:
www.bitdefender.com
central.bitdefender.com
login.bitdefender.com
If I go into Online Threat Prevention and disable all of the individual protection features the sites load.
 
A comprehensive sweep across Reddit, the official Bitdefender Expert Community, and alternative cybersecurity hubs confirms there is currently no official patch or vendor-acknowledged resolution for the Bitdefender OTP self-blocking bug. Official vendor support representatives continue to incorrectly diagnose the issue as a localized DNS or cache failure. Community-driven testing confirms the only viable workarounds involve either disabling core security features, specifically the "Encrypted Web Scan" module, or completely removing the software.
 
  1. Open Bitdefender
  2. Go to Online Threat Prevention
  3. Turn OFF Encrypted web scan
  4. Restart browser
  5. Turn it ON again
Try then. If it doesn't work, consider adding BitDefender domains as a web exception lol.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top