• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I'm with you on using an older (safer) version of CCleaner after the new owners were proved not to be trusted in the same way that Piriform were.

I've played around with a few older versions recently, nothing too scientific, but found that different versions in the v5.30-5.36 range produced varying results with the same settings. v5.36 missed lots of browser temporary files that other versions cleaned up. I'm wondering if CCleaner wasn't as good as many of us thought for some time. I'm currently using v5.30 alongside occasional sweeps with Bleachbit and Wise Care 365, they all clean some data that the others miss.
I just updated to latest version and now they have somewhat fixed force quitting of CCleaner in Safe mode which was bugging me ever since. I'll try to find repacked CCleaner. I think its better to opt out of telemetry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.