Not open for further replies.

taleblou

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 2, 2012
Cezurity Antivirus Scanner
Free cloud service for malware detection and treatment of infection

Seems to develop their own engine. Company info states former Online Solutions (from OSAM and the HIPS). Installer comes out clean with VT and CIMA

link: http://www.cezurity.com/en/products/scanner

I ran a test of it in VM and here is the result.

I ran it in VM in win 7 64bit. I infected the the vm with 5 fresh zero-day malwares ( a few hours old). I full-scanned with Cezurity which took a long time and it found 15 bugs. After it removed the bugs and I restarted the pc and clean with ccleaner for left over junk. There was nothing of malware short-cuts left on desktop and the pc felt fast and as new. I checked to see if anything is running in process or auto-run in the back-ground and there was no malware running. Still I scanned with hitman-pro and it found 5 infection in temp folder and a-lot of adwares and some toolbars, all considered traces.

Still the pc was functional and normal. I think Cezurity did a great job in finding since these were fresh few hours old zero-day malwares. But it needs better at cleaning or removing the infections traces it finds.

G

Guest28

Hopefully, it will remain free. They also have their own security suite in *real time* besides the On-demand scanner.

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Google English translation (hmm..), from here: http://www.cezurity.com/news/46

CEZURITY Antivirus Scanner is available in English, since August 1, 2013:

Cezurity Company, a Russian developer of anti-malware and hacker attacks solutions, announces the release of virus scanner version with an English interface . In English, starting today you can get technical support and service. Thus, scan and disinfect their computers using the scanner can now all English-speaking users in different regions .

English has become the next after the Russian language in which is available anti-virus scanner . From a technical point of view, to the product has been added multilingual support - now you can select the language - or in the process of installing the scanner to the computer , or changing it in the settings section . .. The bulk of the work on adding new languages ​​can now be performed by outside experts who are not employees of Cezurity - it's much easier the release of localized versions intended for other regions.

"The support of English will open our service to a very wide range of people , - says Alexei Chaley, Cezurity CEO - although we did not planning for this year to enter on the overseas markets, we see the interest to the Scanner from users from different countries - we often had to answer to demands about the English language interface. On the other hand, we have expanded the capabilities of our virus lab , which will now more quickly receive information about threats that spread around the world . "

CEZURITY home link: http://www.cezurity.com/en

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Moose said:
Can you use as a Secondary Scanner along side of another antivirus?

Cezurity Antivirus Scanner
Free cloud service for malware detection and treatment of infection.

Why do I need Antivirus Scanner?

* The scanner can be installed on the infected computer, to cure it.
* Will help to ensure that your computer is not infected. For example, you can run a check each time before you pay over the Internet or enter an online game.
* Regular scheduled inspections will allow to notice and to cure an infection on time.

Main advantages

* Detects all types of malware, including viruses, Trojans, spyware, rootkits
* Treatment of infections
* Does not conflict with other antivirus programs
* Detects previously unknown threats (zero-day) and malware that bypass traditional antivirus detection.
* A quick check of your computer takes a few minutes
* Uses few system resources so that the scan does not affect the operation of your computer and is therefore unnoticeable

How Antivirus Scanner works

Antivirus Scanner is a new generation of anti-malware approaches. Previously, antivirus performed a series of tests designed to search files on the infected computer. Computer files were compared with samples of malicious code (signatures that define malware). Antivirus software was looking to see if the files on your computer match with the database of viruses.

With the rapid increase in the number of malicious programs, the number of required inspections has also increased. At the same time, they occurred locally, i.e. on the user's computer. As a result, scanning required a lot of time (usually several hours) and system resources. The general principle of such protection - "allow all that is not in the signature bases."

Antivirus Scanner Cezurity is built differently. First, required information is collected from the user's computer, digital fingerprints (hashes) and other properties of the critical files. The data is transmitted to the cloud, and is analyzed there.

Unlike traditional antivirus, Antivirus Scanner is not looking for malware within a huge amount of information stored on your computer, but on the contrary, it ensures that each of the critical system files is free from infection. Therefore, it is a different type of test - "allow only what is guaranteed is not infected."

This approach allows you to test the system quickly, within a few minutes, and discreetly, without taking up system resources. Accuracy of detection of active malware is often higher than that of a conventional antivirus, for example, in a case where malware hides its presence in the system (rootkits).

The scanner is not designed to prevent contamination, as it does not protect the computer in real time (on-access scanning). Regular inspections by Antivirus Scanner Cezurity allow to notice and to cure the infection on time.

Taken from : http://www.cezurity.com/en/products/scanner

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
I am going to try this Cezurity Antivirus Scanner out for a few days as a secondary scanner, along with my
Antivirus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.