Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2022.1.1
Today’s minor update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2022.1.1.11333 fixes the following issues:
  • Rare issue related to the user interface not starting.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
An authorized Emsisoft seller is selling its license at a comparatively cheap price here in my country. So I thought I would try the trial version and see how it performs nowadays. I had heavy performance related issue the last time.
Then I realized and remembered that they tie the trial version with our PC's hardware ID. So once you try it, you'll never be able to try the trial version ever again unless you change the hardware (motherboard, I think). Windows reinstallation won't do.
This is a very bad and in a way anti-consumer practice. I don't have a way now to know how it performs on my device and unlikely to ever buy their product.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.