King Alpha

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Hello! Earlier today I bought a brand new 2TB Seagate Internal HDD to replace my temporary 300GB HDD. The first thing I did was connect it to my PC (and other laptops) using USB-to-SATA Adapter. I opened the disk management and the HDD wasn't there, only the drive letter showing up and it says that there's "No Media". After that I connected it to the SATA cable to see if the PC will detect it. Unfortunately, it's still not detected (It says "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable, PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM, No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key". I reinserted the HDD to see if this fix the issue, still no-go. :( But when I inserted the 300GB HDD the PC detected it as usual.

I don't know what to do now! Need help!

Niente

Level 2
Verified
Jul 24, 2016
Congratulations! ;)

Anyway you should test disk with Seatools for DOS to determine if there is any problem with HDD. Remember to use: Long test.

Additionally you can use tools like 'Crystal Disk Info' to obtain information and have a fine control over HDD.

Regards!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.