Advice Request New Laptop Security Questions

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

raytechknowledge

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 22, 2018
Hi All,

I have a new laptop and requesting forum members to help in setting up max security. I would be using it for browsing, banking & trading, shopping, downloading legal and verified softwares/pdfs etc. I am looking for total security with anti keylogger + any screen grabber + HIPS + Anything else i can do to achieve max security.

My computer details -

1. Laptop - Refurbished Dell Precision M 4700
2. OS - Windows 10 Home
3. OS Version - 21H2
4. System Type - 64 bit OS, x64 based processor
5. Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3840QM CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz

I am thinking of using Kaspersky Total Security + HitmanPro Alert. Is this combination good or anything else needed? I am an absolute novice. So please excuse me if i have missed any point in my question. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Ray

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Kaspersky is a strong AV, putting political issues aside.
HitmanPro Alert can cause a lot of complications and it is debatable how much real-world protection it provides.
You might be happier using VoodooShield instead of HitmanPro Alert.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
Any good AV( Kaspersky) combined with one of Voodoo Shield, OSArmour, Simple Windows Hardening or Hard Configurator.

Or

Windows Defender with Configure Defender and either Simple Windows Hardening or Hard Configurator.

Combine one of these setups with a good adblocker ( UBO), a backup program ( Macrium) and maybe a DNS such as Quad9.

Don't overthink it and install 5 programs for protection when in virtually 99% of cases 2 will probably be good enough.

If your going to use Kaspersky probably SWH is all you need as an addition plus the adblocker etc.

raytechknowledge

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for all the replies.

Does Kaspersky Total Security comes with anti keylogger + anti screen grab + HIPs? Is there any good tweak or max kaspersky total security configurations available? I am asking this, in a previous instance 2 of my emails got pawned and i noticed unauthorized usage of the same emails. Just want to keep myself safe as i would be using this laptop for banking, online shopping and trading.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
MD + Hard_Configurator + Configure Defender.
I have been using this protection for quite a long time and it is the best.
I do not have any problems .

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.