Norton Security 2015 Standard - Zemana Anti Malware Premium
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Anti Malware Premium - Mbam free - Eek - ADW cleaner - JRT tool
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera( always latest build ) : Https Everywhere - Lastpass - Adguard - Zenmate
Maintenance tools
Auslogics Boostspeed- Ccleaner ( enhanced with Ccenhancer ) - Privazer - o&o defrag professional
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Due to AVG'S inconcistant performance on the sytem and the heaviness of their programs / extensions I have decided to buy Norton Security Standard and I am Honoustly impressed By its performance and system impact , I have almost forgotten how fast my system could be ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Great setup! How's the free Ashampoo and Virtual DJ? Those seem like good free music tools :)

AVG actually has reached 5/5 in its protection in av-test.org it does a great job... better then its ever been.
As far as using. Its a tad lighter and glitching is gone from the UI.

Only reason I skipped AVG is the new browser data share and sell thing. :p I went Avira in October, then plan to switch from that early next year :D

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Yes AVG does Well they have been spending two to Three years develloping That adaptive cloud a.i. Module , to enhance identity protection. It runs lighter and tighter. They are on a good way. What the privacy issues and the ( might be ) selling of browsing data concerns ; in the near feature AVG Will present the free users a choice to opt Out , paid customers allready have. I know There are a lot of disgruntled people Out There hating AVG , but speaking as a hall of famer ; the company is Nice to us. Avira is not my cup of tea , but hey....Everyone has their own favorite and luckely we all have the Freedom to use what makes Our tractor Cranck ;)

Virtual dj is one of the best free music mixing programs an ashampoo is Nice , not as bloated as Nero!

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very good configuration, well we witness that AVG does really perform good at all cases; very par on what it does way back before.

Anyway Virtual DJ is the only program as use majority of users all around the world for music lovers. ;)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

advice: use a VM if you play with malwares or suspicious sites

Reactions: Crystal_Lake_Camper
C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Sure I can in the past you could help out customers on the avg technologied fb page. After A month of being an active / helpfull member you got 1 1 year license for avg internet security. The second active month , you got 5 avg internet security keys for sharing with friends and family. The 3rd month you got a goody bag filled avg merchandise. The 4th month you got promoted to avg hof / guru this means free licenses for any avg product you want or need.

C

Crystal_Lake_Camper

Thread author
Its not too complicated.....it was a true labour of love :p I did even had a chance to get an all expenses paid trip to new york , too witness the release of avg 2013 product line live @ the AVG headquarters :). but I could not go because my fear of flying :(

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Sure I can in the past you could help out customers on the avg technologied fb page. After A month of being an active / helpfull member you got 1 1 year license for avg internet security. The second active month , you got 5 avg internet security keys for sharing with friends and family. The 3rd month you got a goody bag filled avg merchandise. The 4th month you got promoted to avg hof / guru this means free licenses for any avg product you want or need.

Its not too complicated.....it was a true labour of love :p I did even had a chance to get an all expenses paid trip to new york , too witness the release of avg 2013 product line live @ the AVG headquarters :). but I could not go because my fear of flying :(

Wow !!! @hjlbx we should have chosen AVG instead comodo...we may won a trip to the moon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.