Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Slimjet browser lags and freezes a lot on my laptop. Other chromium browsers I've tried like Chrome, Chromium, Opera and Cent browser doesn't lag or freeze, runs very smooth. Slimjet is called very smooth and fast but its opposite on my system. I wonder why. It happens with both 32 and 64 bit versions.
Not sure SlimJet works fine for me here, weird. :confused:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
That's computers for you, no two seem to work the same. They should but just don't.
Indeed. I used to think it happens with antiviruses but turned out it happens with other software as well. I think Slimjet will work better with Windows 10, I clean installed Windows 10 before clean installing Windows 8.1 but I forgot to test Slimjet. I didn't keep Windows 10 because battery lasted over an hour less compared to 8.1 but everything else worked better.

Last edited:

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
That's computers for you, no two seem to work the same. They should but just don't.
The culprit may be Emsisoft Internet security if you use it. EIS doesn't like Slimjet at all,lol. I have EIS on a machine,after installation Slimjet started crashing.Impossible to use.

Uninstalled EIS,Slimjet was fine again. Reinstalled Emsisoft,again,Slimjet stopped working again.I repeated this 4 times,same results. Pretty sure it's about EIS.;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
The culprit may be Emsisoft Internet security if you use it. EIS doesn't like Slimjet at all,lol. I have EIS on a machine,after installation Slimjet started crashing.Impossible to use.

Uninstalled EIS,Slimjet was fine again. Reinstalled Emsisoft,again,Slimjet stopped working again.I repeated this 4 times,same results. Pretty sure it's about EIS.;)
This was very revealing!
@frogboy's & @Deletedmessiah's previous posts intrigued me enough to scan my own "rolodex of memories" in trying to explain why I'd run afoul with one of my favorite browsers!o_O
@spaceoctopus, you've answered my own unspoken, & puzzled:confused:, questions as to why I'd experienced reduced performance using Slimjet x86 on our Windows 10 system that also happened to have :eek:EIS installed as well. It was like having (2) children fighting in the back seat of the car (lap top) stressing us out while on vacation! Poor little Slimjet took all of the blame.:oops: Thankfully, software (unlike kids) can be easily replaced; and in retrospect, choosing then to abandon Slimjet & EIS (My key had expired) did not warrant one's (my own) :eek:arrest!

Hindsight's been very satisfying.:cool:

Thank you for the ride aboard your spaceoctopus' Time Machine!:p:D

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
This was very revealing!
@frogboy's & @Deletedmessiah's previous posts intrigued me enough to scan my own "rolodex of memories" in trying to explain why I'd run afoul with one of my favorite browsers!o_O
@spaceoctopus, you've answered my own unspoken, & puzzled:confused:, questions as to why I'd experienced reduced performance using Slimjet x86 on our Windows 10 system that also happened to have :eek:EIS installed as well. It was like having (2) children fighting in the back seat of the car (lap top) stressing us out while on vacation! Poor little Slimjet took all of the blame.:oops: Thankfully, software (unlike kids) can be easily replaced; and in retrospect, choosing then to abandon Slimjet & EIS (My key had expired) did not warrant one's (my own) :eek:arrest!

Hindsight's been very satisfying.:cool:

Thank you for the ride aboard your spaceoctopus' Time Machine!:p:D
I'm happy it helped you understand your problem;)I like slimjet a lot too,especially for its extensive and detailed settings for privacy.No problem for the ride.;)Anywhere,anytime:D

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

Thanks, that answers my problem with SlimJet o this PC. :)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

Interesting. I'll uninstall EAM later and test Slimjet again. Thanks for the info!

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I really like Slimjet but I get screwed up trying to save some passwords to some sites. On some sites it saves the password and some sites it doesn't . Maybe someone could explain to me how to save a password on all sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.