FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Untitled.png
It's a chromium Blink browser from the folks who brought you SlimBrowser, SlimBoat. Using the Chrome 35 engine as of today.
www.slimjet.com
Some AVs may not recognize it and you may have to add it as an exclusion.

Last edited:

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
"Some AVs may not recognize it and you may have to add it as an exclusion."
Tried about a month ago, Emsisoft block?
Any reason why?

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
"Some AVs may not recognize it and you may have to add it as an exclusion."
Tried about a month ago, Emsisoft block?
Any reason why?
It's brand new and it's a beta.
Some AVs take a while to white list new software.

Reactions: Koroke San

fenson

Level 1
Verified
May 3, 2014
Thank you for the info Littlebits.I am testing Slimjet right now,& i like it so far.Everything transferred(theme,bookmarks,etc.) without a problem.My main Browser is Comodo Dragon only because it has a Suppress HTTP Referrer Header option,which i think CD is the only Browser to have this.

fenson

Level 1
Verified
May 3, 2014
Thank you,but i found it a little confusing.Not sure how to set it up like Dragon's setting.I also like Dragon because of their Secure DNS feature.I know there are other free ones out there like Norton,but rather not keep on adding extensions & whatnot.
Slimjet does load pages a little slower than Dragon or Superbird.I will definitely keep an eye out with this Browser.It's very promising.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
This is my favorite Chromium browser other than Comodo Dragon. I like it much better than Chrome. Chrome is so bloated that on my old system it basically can't run more than one tab without slowing my computer to a crawl. I find SlimJet to be much faster.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Feedback on SlimJet Browser! Emsisoft Anti-Malware blocked until I restarted the PC!
How do you get the extension to work? The are not showing a the top right hand corner?
They extensions are in enable?:confused:

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Feedback on SlimJet Browser! Emsisoft Anti-Malware blocked until I restarted the PC!
How do you get the extension to work? The are not showing a the top right hand corner?
They extensions are in enable?:confused:
Moose, open the menu and click tools, then click extensions. You can see what extensions you have and modify them there. It works just like Google Chrome. You do have to get your extensions from the Google Chrome Store.

Reactions: Moose

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks! For the information!;) But by Customize and Control Slimjet,there 2 arrows.
You just drag them apart from one another. Top right side under the Red X.:) Fix
my problem!

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Some thoughts on SlimJet after a couple of weeks use:
1 -It's still a beta, and as such, the update come frequently.
2 -Can't update it unless in administrative account.
3 -Avast still flagging each update as suspicious.

Reactions: Moose
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.