New SlimJet Browser Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Mentioned it on this thread a while back and you said you sent them online feedback about it. I didn't get around to it but I'll do it now. Granted the problems the two have with each other is better than what it was before but there's still problems.

View attachment 97072

That appears every now and again when you close down the browser, a few times per day. It makes me feel like the browser is trying to send off some information when I close Slimjet but I doubt that's the case. Either way it's a pain.

It used to be that the problem above would make it so Slimjet was unusable until you re-installed it because Emsisoft would force a restart of the PC to remove the infection, regardless of if I wanted it to or not. Thankfully that no longer happens but this one still does.

That's a common behavior for many web browsers, I remember same pop up came in the very past when using Pale Moon, I wouldn't worry if you are only getting that one warning. Emsisoft is quite sensitive on custom setting, you can get that warning on a lot of clean and safe browsers.

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Mentioned it on this thread a while back and you said you sent them online feedback about it. I didn't get around to it but I'll do it now. Granted the problems the two have with each other is better than what it was before but there's still problems.

View attachment 97072

That appears every now and again when you close down the browser, a few times per day. It makes me feel like the browser is trying to send off some information when I close Slimjet but I doubt that's the case. Either way it's a pain.

It used to be that the problem above would make it so Slimjet was unusable until you re-installed it because Emsisoft would force a restart of the PC to remove the infection, regardless of if I wanted it to or not. Thankfully that no longer happens but this one still does.

Right now I remember, but I never got any feedback from them. They do that quit often unfortunately, and although I do not work for them in any way ... I would still like to say sorry about that. If there is one thing FlashPeak Inc really ... really needs to improve is how they communicate with its user base. Even an automated answer, mentioning that the feedback is received and will be looked at is already okay with me.

With that rant behind me, I agree with darko999. As a matter of fact I got a similar warning from 360 Total Security with one of the earlier versions of slimjet. ( I think it was one of the version 5 SlimJet builds. ) But I know that Slimjet is safe, meaning that it has no viruses and such. So personally I believe this to be a FP, and I would simple tell Emisoft to always allow Slimjet. BUT that is just me, the final choice is yours of course.

Reactions: darko999

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
10.0.1.0 (5/20/16)
  • Migrated to Chromium 50 (Yes, Slimjet 10 remains compatible with XP and Vista)
  • Fixed bugs with QuickFill form filler on some websites.
Download: Free web browser download. Download the fastest internet browser for free.

EDIT: Those who like to use the offline version normally, do not do so at the moment. They made the mistake of setting version 9.0.7.0 as the latest version of SlimJet. ( I will send a feedback to them. )

EDIT 2: The online install version is version 10.0.1.0 by the way. :)

Last edited:

Morro

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Concerning the wrong offline version I mentioned in my previous post ... I just found this answer from Flashpeak in my inbox.

Hello,

There was some caching issue. It should be fixed by now.

So those of you who like to use the offline installer, you should be able to do so now according to Flashpeak.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Latest Version.

12.0.7.0 (11/7/16)
  • Fixed audio playback issues for some videos.
  • Fixed a bug with QuickFill form filler.
12.0.6.0 (10/22/16)
  • Fixed a bug with QuickFill form filler.
12.0.5.0 (10/20/16)
  • Fixed a bug about ad blocker which might cause crash when updating Russian sites filter list.
  • Fixed broken link of Arabic sites and Hungarian sites in ad blocker filter lists.
12.0.4.0 (10/18/16)
  • Fixed a bug about the form filler.
  • Revised cash flow analysis tool on redfin.com.
12.0.3.0 (10/11/16)
  • Fix bug about update checking. Users of Slimjet 11 and earlier versions of Slimjet 12 will have to update to this version manually first.
12.0.2.0 (10/10/16)
  • Fix bugs about profile switching icon visibility option and incognito mode special avatar visibility option.
12.0.1.0 (10/6/16)
  • Migrate to Chromium 53.
Link. Free web browser download. Download the fastest internet browser for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.