New SlimJet Browser Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Salutations,

Can you install over existing Slimjet Browser? Or will Slimjet Browser just updated itself?

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Yeah I also simply install over the old version, never caused a problem for me.

Reactions: frogboy

Vipersd

Level 6
Verified
Dec 14, 2014
I'm getting detection from Avast Free that there is malware when trying to download new version. Does anyone else have similar problem?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I noticed I tend to get malware a lot quicker when using chrome, and its a resource hog compared to ie or firefox in my opinion. Open network up in firewall and the whole xmas tree is lit up with chrome .exe svc or whatever, listening on in. Me no likey. So this slimjet , whats the big deal about it ?
It is fast and light,very customizable and considered more secure in terms of privacy than the mainstream browsers.However the only way to answer your question would be to tell you to give it a try for yourself.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Well ill giver a try...btw google knows too much about me already so whats the point in privacy? lol
Good decision!:):) Perhaps one can look at privacy in a way that's similar to how @frogboy's avatar "disguise" depicts how even when we find ourselves :eek:exposed, covering up (even a little) feels better for everyone involved :cool: (except for those peeping toms!:confused:).:D

Thank you @frogboy (in disguise). It's amazing how challenging it is to keep up with Simjet's updates which I like!;):p

Last edited:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Good decision!:):) Perhaps one can look at privacy in a way that's similar to how @frogboy's avatar "disguise" depicts how even when we find ourselves :eek:exposed, covering up (even a little) feels better for everyone involved :cool: (except for those peeping toms!:confused:).:D

Thank you @frogboy (in disguise). It's amazing how challenging it is to keep up with Simjet's updates which I like!;):p
It is good that they keep it very current and up to date. :D

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I noticed I tend to get malware a lot quicker when using chrome, and its a resource hog compared to ie or firefox in my opinion. Open network up in firewall and the whole xmas tree is lit up with chrome .exe svc or whatever, listening on in. Me no likey. So this slimjet , whats the big deal about it ?

Although Chrome has more memory usage when more number of tabs are opened, it has far better memory management (releasing memory when unwanted tabs are closed) than the others.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I have trouble loading youtube comment section. It's no loading so fast compare to mozilla & IE. I installed slimjet yesterday. I also tried in default settings & disable all addons. dunno wut is the issue here?
Edit : it's working now after i untick settings in slimjet & tick again lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.