cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Hi guys,
i've made the transition from Windows 7 Sp1 U. to Windows 10 Pro (15063.138),
and i just installed only the Emsisoft AM and Ccleaner.
Few question:

-I don't no yet if is need to install MBAE (HMPA) or Kerish Doctor.......o_O
Im looking for a free replacement of WAR.......AppCheck, Vodooshield, NoVirusThank or anything else who is little customizable in free version..
I have a Ranstop license but on Windows 7 it broke my system been irresponsive :mad:, very slow/slugish, only system restore helped......so far i don't want to make experience on W10.

-Im a little bit confused .....i don't find the Smartscreen filter under IE 11 settings or Security & Maintenance only in gpedit (Computer Config../Administrative te.../Windows Com.../Microsoft Edge) i find "Windows Defender SmartScreen"....

-There is still needed to install official drivers for peripheral/hardware manufacturers?

-Anything i should care about W 10?

I know there are many questions, but I hated Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, but I have to be open to new tech.

Reactions: Rengar
D

Deleted member 178

Hi guys,
i've made the transition from Windows 7 Sp1 U. to Windows 10 Pro (15063.138),
Nice

-I don't no yet if is need to install MBAE (HMPA) or Kerish Doctor.......o_O
MBAE wil lstill be useful, depend what other security softs you are using.

Im looking for a free replacement of WAR.......AppCheck, Vodooshield, NoVirusThank or anything else who is little customizable in free version..
Voodoo is quite popular here and a decent soft. NVT is making a new version of ERP from scratch so using the old one is useless.

-Im a little bit confused .....i don't find the Smartscreen filter under IE 11 settings or Security & Maintenance only in gpedit (Computer Config../Administrative te.../Windows Com.../Microsoft Edge) i find "Windows Defender SmartScreen"....
On Win10 , Smartscreen is system wide, IE is kept for legacy purpose, Edge is far better and safer than IE.
you are on Creators Update, so you will find all Smartscreen settings under Windows Defender Security Center (right click on tray icon to open it).

-There is still needed to install official drivers for peripheral/hardware manufacturers?
If your hardware is common , WU will update the ones you needs (not all but the most needed like network, chipset, GPU, etc...) , just in case, download manually the drivers you needs and put them on usb , in case WU fails to find the proper ones which may happen.

-Anything i should care about W 10?
unless you are a privacy paranoid and hate telemetry, not much , Win10 is quite efficient and snappy. Take the time to check all settings.
Then educate yourself, you will have lot to learn to have the full picture about win10. You will realize that you are more secure (out of the box) on win10 than on Win7

Last edited by a moderator:

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Thank you @Umbra,
i allready checked all settings and disabled some of them (from privacy), from MBAE and HMPA (both with license) which one is more compatible to W10?
Voodoo in free version have almost everything disabled in settings, same on Appcheck......:( i thinking to stay with WAR......

D

Deleted member 178

Thank you @Umbra,
i allready checked all settings and disabled some of them (from privacy), from MBAE and HMPA (both with license) which one is more compatible to W10?
i use HMPA on one machine and i never had any issue, i prefer it over MBAE.

Voodoo in free version have almost everything disabled in settings, same on Appcheck......:( i thinking to stay with WAR......
Yes if you can't get the paid version it is not worth the shot.

About NVT ERP , unless you are on SUA , you can live with it until the new version is released. It works well enough.

Reactions: cryogent

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Thank you @Umbra,
If you run HMPA, you don't need to run MBAE.
Depending on your other security softs, you might not need either, although you will still probably find some little thing or another that HMPA does extra.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I forgot to mention that in Windows 10, you can enable a flag in Google Chrome called "appcontainer", it provides extra anti-exploit protection. That tweak alone is probably enough anti-exploit protection for your browser, if you use Chrome.

In general, the "Windows 10 apps" such as Edge and Groove Music run in appcontainer, so they are inherently more secure than regular apps.

CalinGhibu

From TEMASOFT
Verified
Developer
Mar 15, 2017
@cryogent
Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience, is it possible for us to learn more about what happened on your system? We would like to put this through our support system. We have not experienced such behavior before and would like to check the issue out.
Thanks!

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Ok , tell me what info do u need, or where to report that, but of course now i'm allready on W10 not on W7 to reproduce issue.

CalinGhibu

From TEMASOFT
Verified
Developer
Mar 15, 2017
Thank you for your help! We would like to find out about when the computer broke - i.e. after the installation, or after a while. Also if there were any other applications installed, particularly AV, anti-ransomware or backup applications.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
SUA is standard user account, i.e., a limited user account.
It is as opposed to admin user account.
NVT ERP can be quirky in a standard user account.

cryogent

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 1, 2016
Thank you f
or your help! We would like to find out about when the computer broke - i.e. after the installation, or after a while. Also if there were any other applications installed, particularly AV, anti-ransomware or backup applications.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 with all updates
- UAC always notify
- AV-Emsisoft AM v12
- MBAE
- ZAL-disabled real time
- Winpatrol WAR - disabled ( also the 2 service)
- WFC
- Kerish Doctor 2017
- Macrium reflect free v6
- 1 WIN OS hdd/ 1 LINUX OS hdd/ 1 storage hdd/ 2 hdd for sensitive data in RAID 1/ 12 GB DDR3
Issue begin after restart with OS being iressponsive on any task, high disk usage, task manager openend after 4-5 min. ..etc.,
in SafeMode is working normaly, disabled realtime - no success in normal mode, tried to uninstall - no success.
System Restore the system on previous settings - success.
Checked the OS hdd, no bads, nothing.
Checked the OS with sfc /scannow, no problem detected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.