Lightning_Brian

Level 13
Verified
Content Creator
Anyone ever use the "Lifetime" version of Bitdefender? Looks like its only 5 years though correct? If that's the case why get it?

Thanks in advance for your advise and help. Been a long time user of Norton and have a fairly paranoid setup on my PCs. Bitdefender is really good from what I'm seeing.

~Brian

Sana

Level 4
Verified
Anyone ever use the "Lifetime" version of Bitdefender? Looks like its only 5 years though correct? If that's the case why get it?

Thanks in advance for your advise and help. Been a long time user of Norton and have a fairly paranoid setup on my PCs. Bitdefender is really good from what I'm seeing.

~Brian
Lifetime is such an abused term. Now it just means the lifetime of the current version of the software or as mentioned below^
  • Bitdefender PC Lifetime Edition can be used for the entire lifetime of one computer.
Apart from a handful of companies who do go above and beyond and still make good products, their lifetime licenses were worth it!

tlacenka

Level 2
i use it at mine parents computer - its good and you are right - its 5year license
i have bought it on antivirus4u because i want to try it and it was for good price/5year
only issue i found (again - its on mine parents computer, so no warez, no cryptocurrency, no black side....nothing bad at all :)))
is that you have to manually upgrade for major version (2018 to 2019) - the virus definitions are still actual, but if there is new version of IS, it doesnot update itself to the newest (main program i mean)