Advice Request NextDNS: This is weird?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Okay, Over a month ago I started trying out NextDNS and so far I like it. BUT ... I have two questions.

Question 1

Those of us who use the free version of NextDNS get 300.000 queries per month. Now according to the logs I have been using NextDNS now for one month and five days, but it looks like I am still on the first 300.000 queries because the queries did not get reset to zero?

Question 2

And now to the really weird question. Yesterday my NextDNS statistics showed that I had used 247.238 queries, but when I checked a few minutes ago my amount of used queries is suddenly 235.102?? What the hell happened with my queries amount, has any else noticed this?

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Go here to see the number of queries

Thank you for the link, but now I am even more confused. According to the account link you gave I seem to have used only 83.278 queries out of 300.000 so far? ( In more then a month, I mean I activated Cache boost and CNAME Flattening in the beginning but still? ) Then what the heck is the queries amount on my statistics page.

Andrew3000

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Feb 8, 2016
Thank you for the link, but now I am even more confused. According to the account link you gave I seem to have used only 83.278 queries out of 300.000 so far? ( In more then a month, I mean I activated Cache boost and CNAME Flattening in the beginning but still? ) Then what the heck is the queries amount on my statistics page.
The link I gave you shows the queries made from the 1st of March to today (these are the ones to consider). The data in the analytics section is reset every 30 days, not at the beginning of the month.

Reactions: Morro

Morro

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
The link I gave you shows the queries made from the 1st of March to today (these are the ones to consider). The data in the analytics section is reset every 30 days, not at the beginning of the month.

Thanks, but that would mean that the data in the analytics section should have been reset on march the 15th for me. I started using NextDNS on February 15th so that is one month and 5 days? Oh well, I guess there is some kind of reason why that has not happened yet.

Reactions: Divine_Barakah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.