Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
SysHardener has the option on the menu (Tweaks >> Suggested Tweaks) to apply only suggested (safe) settings. I think that the inexperienced users can hardly have problems with those settings. That may happen when something requires VBS, JS or HTA scripts (some software, older printers, some USB devices, etc.). Some older applications do not like the DEP or SEHOP mitigations (especially on Windows Vista and Windows 7).
It would be hard to recognize the problem, even for the experienced user if he/she does not know SysHardener.
OSArmor has the advantage of the nice logging feature, where most blocked events can be easily addressed.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Update 2019-01-01

Realtime Protection:
ESET Internet Security 12 + NoVirusThanks OSArmor + NovirusThanks SysHardener

Browser + Extensions:
Google Chrome + Nano Adblocker/Nano Defender (Medium Mode) + Privacy Badger + LastPass + Decentraleyes

DNS:
Cloudflare

VPN:
Windscribe Pro

Some small changes and tweaks, nothing groundbreaking.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Update 2019-01-01

....groundbreaking.

Speaking of 'breaking'...

Nightwalker, you need to hold things together down there. We here in the US have some real issues right now... but I'm afraid things may be more serious there.

Brazil Is About To Show The World How A Modern Democracy Collapses | HuffPost

1546354227615.png

=====================

Ok, back on topic.

Great set-up Nightwalker. Maybe I need to try the Badger again. Last time I tried it, I thought it was terrible. But that was quite a while ago.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
How is that extension configuration working? :unsure: I used to use the same basic but have since simplified.

I am crying for Brasil as I am for the U.S.! :emoji_sob: We must find a way to carry on and find peace of mind, however!

Privacy Badger and Nano adblocker (uBlock Origin)? Seems to be working fine, Privacy Badger uses a heuristic system and doesnt conflict with the adblocker approach, maybe it is a little redundant, but there are some reasons that I like to have both active.

OSArmor and SysHarderner are great tools, very little system impact or conflicts (depends on the configuration) and works great together with ESET (btw I love its web filter agressive protection).

This configuration is that I am using in my main machine that I do all kind of stuff (gaming, work, torrenting) and everything is working fine without visible system impact or bugs and I must say that I am very sensitive in those areas.

To be fair I dont need OSArmor or Privacy Badger, but they work so well that I dont see why not use them ...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.