Battle NIS 2011 vs KIS 2012 vs G-Data IS 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Hi between the 3 which do you all like the most.

Kaspersky and Norton both now have cloud scanning where G Data does not. However it has the benefits of avast 5 and bitdefender engines as well as a screen saver that scans. G data and Norton are both very fast in virus scanning. Norton would use the least amount of ram followed by Gdata. Kasperskys web page anti banner is very nice and saves alot of popups. Me personally I cannot decide between the 3

I

illumination

darkelixa said:
Still thinking of keeping Kaspersky as Main suite. What do you think

Both NIS and KIS are excellent suites.. It really depends on your uses, and how it effects your system. As Jack stated earlier, some people still have issues with performance using KIS.. I have not noticed any on my machine, running a single core with 4 gig ram. I personally would chose KIS..

D

Deleted member 178

darkelixa said:
Still thinking of keeping Kaspersky as Main suite. What do you think

you think too much, if i was you i will stick with EAM + OAP since the beginning saving lot of money (you bought 3 licenses of NIS and now KIS, i rather bought an external HDD or a new wifi router)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
LOL
you always get problem when choosing 1 of lot AV's in the world.
as i said to you yesterday, choose 1 and install and do everything with it and if you worry, don't do banking or whatever like that.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
So far Kaspersky is serving me well. Picked up on some malware on the girls pc that norton did not detect. May use Emsisoft once version 6 is final

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
I like anti virus that has a behaviour blocker , a decent firewall which doesnt really require a strong hips, good removal and prevention and last but not least, if you press the update button it will download signatures that dont take 4 hours to release

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
When I used Avast I used to have Windows performance issues saying i was running out of ram, so i stoped using avast internet security. Kaspersky really need to work on there full speed scans.

darkelixa

Thread author
Jul 3, 2011
Not sure. When I game and have avast internet security installed a window pops up to tell me that i need to change my systems theme to basic to improve performance

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
my second laptop have 6GB of ram DDR3, and third have 12GB of ram DDR3 too. but never get any issue. even my old laptop have 1,5GB ram not getting any issue.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
ok. up to you. but it odd for me. why you can't use it.
i install it on 3 laptops and no problem and my friend install it too. no issue found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.