SecureKongo

Level 2
If you're interested in an free AI-Antivirus, then why don't you use WiseVector StopX? I had cylance on my system before and I can assure you that it will cause more problems than it solves. It's light, has great protection against Zero-Day malware, but also a lot of false positives. You can get all that with WiseVector too (except the false positives). :)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 18
Verified
If you're interested in an free AI-Antivirus, then why don't you use WiseVector StopX? I had cylance on my system before and I can assure you that it will cause more problems than it solves. It's light, has great protection against Zero-Day malware, but also a lot of false positives. You can get all that with WiseVector too (except the false positives). :)
exactly.
other products you mentioned have nice EDR which you won't use anyway.

Nagisa

Level 4
Verified
I mean.., I really liked WV. It's a very good program itself. But still it's fairly new. I can't seem to rely on it despite it's success on malwarehub tests.

just buy them.
30 Dollar is 210" here. Imagine paying 210 Dollar to a home security product 👀

Vitali Ortzi

Level 18
Verified
Those products aren't dead like SEP 😁
Yeah Symantec and MacAfee are so bad you can use an Unmanaged version for free XD.

I mean.., I really liked WV. It's a very good program itself. But still it's fairly new. I can't seem to rely on it despite it's success on malwarehub tests.

30 Dollar is 210" here. Imagine paying 210 Dollar to a home security product 👀
You paid for windows why not use defender?

Note on Cylance: they have had giveaways before. ;)

Edit: posted SentinelOne/Crowdstrike/is posting promo to Giveaways page, not sure how useful it is but whatever, I can't test it since I don't own a business...

Last edited:

Cleo

Level 1
Slashdot has a single seat Cylance Smart AV 2year key for $29. The cost of a yearly sub isn't terrible as its a 10 seat licence for $49 from the Cylance website. They also have Android and iOS security apps up and running now as well as the old dashboard app. I gave my nieces $20 each for Christmas and they pooled their money and got the yearly plan. They have a lot of fun with it and have added it to their smrt phones. False positives are still a problem but getting better!!

Vitali Ortzi

Level 18
Verified
Slashdot has a single seat Cylance Smart AV 2year key for $29. The cost of a yearly sub isn't terrible as its a 10 seat licence for $49 from the Cylance website. They also have Android and iOS security apps up and running now as well as the old dashboard app. I gave my nieces $20 each for Christmas and they pooled their money and got the yearly plan. They have a lot of fun with it and have added it to their smrt phones. False positives are still a problem but getting better!!
Cylance didn't do well in lastest AV test .
There are many alternatives with lower false positives as well .
But performance might be better with cylance then most other products.

Last edited:

artek

Level 5
Cylance didn't do well in lastest AV test .
There are many alternatives with lower false positives as well .
But performance might be better with cylance then most other products.
Do you have a link to the test? I think I missed that one. Never mind I found it.

The best part about Cylance was the protection offered for comparably low performance impact. If you look at the performance section you can see some of that reflected - almost 9% more responsive than the industry average in most cases. However, Blackberry doesn't seem to be doing a good job maintain the software at all. There have been several different upgrades to the Cylance control center, and a new Cylance mobile app, but the actual desktop consumer AV hasn't seen a major version update in well over a year. The last time I reinstalled it was sitting on version 2.0.1533.2 for the Windows version. Who knows if that impacts the protection, but since the Blackberry acquisition I don't think it's the same product.

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 18
Verified
Do you have a link to the test? I think I missed that one. Never mind I found it.

The best part about Cylance was the protection offered for comparably low performance impact. If you look at the performance section you can see some of that reflected - almost 9% more responsive than the industry average in most cases. However, Blackberry doesn't seem to be doing a good job maintain the software at all. There have been several different upgrades to the Cylance control center, and a new Cylance mobile app, but the actual desktop consumer AV hasn't seen a major version update in well over a year. The last time I reinstalled it was sitting on version 2.0.1533.2 for the Windows version. Who knows if that impacts the protection, but since the Blackberry acquisition I don't think it's the same product.
Yeah basically the story with most acquisitions.