Dropping Cylance Smart Antivirus from iOS and Android on March 1st.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Got an email from Blackberry.

"Beginning March 1, 2024, BlackBerry® Cylance® Smart Antivirus will no longer be supported on mobile devices running iOS or Android. There are no changes to support on Windows, Mac, and Linux."

That is all. That's the post.
😭

C.

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
What happened to the pc version of the antivirus? Does the program get an update? I wanted to get a lifetime license, but it was removed from sale.

Reactions: Trident and Cleo

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
What happened to the pc version of the antivirus? Does the program get an update? I wanted to get a lifetime license, but it was removed from sale.
Last time I checked, my lifetime license would not install on a new device even with seats freed up. It looks like they want to retire the product imho.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
I am not sure about their web blocking now but before, it was very poor. This is the only benefit they can offer on iOS and I doubt they were the king of malware detection on Android. So all in all, not a huge loss.
True. I had hoped Blackberry would put effort into improving it. After the acquisition, the young devs quit to go rock climbing and bird watching and live off their millions instead of keeping the product competitive. It's still the only security app I've seen on iOS to detect side-loaded apps.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.