Advice Request No giveaway for Cylance, Crowdstrike, Sentinelone?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
If you're interested in an free AI-Antivirus, then why don't you use WiseVector StopX? I had cylance on my system before and I can assure you that it will cause more problems than it solves. It's light, has great protection against Zero-Day malware, but also a lot of false positives. You can get all that with WiseVector too (except the false positives). :)

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
If you're interested in an free AI-Antivirus, then why don't you use WiseVector StopX? I had cylance on my system before and I can assure you that it will cause more problems than it solves. It's light, has great protection against Zero-Day malware, but also a lot of false positives. You can get all that with WiseVector too (except the false positives). :)
exactly.
other products you mentioned have nice EDR which you won't use anyway.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018

I mean.., I really liked WV. It's a very good program itself. But still it's fairly new. I can't seem to rely on it despite it's success on malwarehub tests.

just buy them.

30 Dollar is 210" here. Imagine paying 210 Dollar to a home security product 👀

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Those products aren't dead like SEP 😁
Yeah Symantec and MacAfee are so bad you can use an Unmanaged version for free XD.

I mean.., I really liked WV. It's a very good program itself. But still it's fairly new. I can't seem to rely on it despite it's success on malwarehub tests.

30 Dollar is 210" here. Imagine paying 210 Dollar to a home security product 👀
You paid for windows why not use defender?

tetridental73

Level 1
May 17, 2020
Note on Cylance: they have had giveaways before. ;)

Edit: posted SentinelOne/Crowdstrike/is posting promo to Giveaways page, not sure how useful it is but whatever, I can't test it since I don't own a business...

Last edited:

Cleo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Slashdot has a single seat Cylance Smart AV 2year key for $29. The cost of a yearly sub isn't terrible as its a 10 seat licence for $49 from the Cylance website. They also have Android and iOS security apps up and running now as well as the old dashboard app. I gave my nieces $20 each for Christmas and they pooled their money and got the yearly plan. They have a lot of fun with it and have added it to their smrt phones. False positives are still a problem but getting better!!

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Slashdot has a single seat Cylance Smart AV 2year key for $29. The cost of a yearly sub isn't terrible as its a 10 seat licence for $49 from the Cylance website. They also have Android and iOS security apps up and running now as well as the old dashboard app. I gave my nieces $20 each for Christmas and they pooled their money and got the yearly plan. They have a lot of fun with it and have added it to their smrt phones. False positives are still a problem but getting better!!
Cylance didn't do well in lastest AV test .
There are many alternatives with lower false positives as well .
But performance might be better with cylance then most other products.

Last edited:

artek

Level 5
Verified
May 23, 2014
Cylance didn't do well in lastest AV test .
There are many alternatives with lower false positives as well .
But performance might be better with cylance then most other products.

Do you have a link to the test? I think I missed that one. Never mind I found it.

The best part about Cylance was the protection offered for comparably low performance impact. If you look at the performance section you can see some of that reflected - almost 9% more responsive than the industry average in most cases. However, Blackberry doesn't seem to be doing a good job maintain the software at all. There have been several different upgrades to the Cylance control center, and a new Cylance mobile app, but the actual desktop consumer AV hasn't seen a major version update in well over a year. The last time I reinstalled it was sitting on version 2.0.1533.2 for the Windows version. Who knows if that impacts the protection, but since the Blackberry acquisition I don't think it's the same product.

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Do you have a link to the test? I think I missed that one. Never mind I found it.

The best part about Cylance was the protection offered for comparably low performance impact. If you look at the performance section you can see some of that reflected - almost 9% more responsive than the industry average in most cases. However, Blackberry doesn't seem to be doing a good job maintain the software at all. There have been several different upgrades to the Cylance control center, and a new Cylance mobile app, but the actual desktop consumer AV hasn't seen a major version update in well over a year. The last time I reinstalled it was sitting on version 2.0.1533.2 for the Windows version. Who knows if that impacts the protection, but since the Blackberry acquisition I don't think it's the same product.
Yeah basically the story with most acquisitions.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.