No internet access after removing malware

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance For Windows' started by Zihang, Sep 13, 2017.

Need Malware Removal Help?

We offer free malware removal assistance to our members. Sign Up now, and get free malware removal support.

1. Zihang

Zihang New Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Netherlands
    Windows 10
    AVG
    Operating System:
    Windows 10
    Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system?:
    64-bit (x64)
    Infection date and initial symptoms:
    9/13/2017, i noticed after the address search bar of chrome automatically directed me to yahoo search bar no matter what.
    Current issues and symptoms:
    Currently, malwarebytes and avg couldn' t find any suspicious files. But the computer has no internet access, showing the old network as unidentified. the DNS and proxy settings are normal.
    Steps taken in order to remove the infection:
    initially i scanned with malwarebytes and removed the 2 files. afterwards, i couldn't access internet anymore. Then i tried scanning with AVG and Malwarebytes again but with no results. At last i performed a system recovery to a date before i downloaded the a file(the only thing i downloaded these days whereafter i noticed the problems) but the problem still persists. I also performed network diagnostics where its stated that wifi doesn' t have a valid IP configuration
    Logs added to help request:
    • FRST.txt
    • Addition.txt
    Hallo,

as stated above, i encountered the problem where i don't have access anymore to network after deleting some malware files. I've specified everything above, hopefully it can be resolved without having to do a clean install.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank in advance!

Attached Files:

2. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    Hello,

[​IMG] Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

[​IMG] This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable. [​IMG]

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
      (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
    • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
    • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
    • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attached Files:

3. Zihang

Zihang New Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Netherlands
    Windows 10
    AVG
    #3 Zihang, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Hallo,

i've attached the Fixlog here. The computer now has internet access. Hopefully there's no problem in the fixlog. Thank u for taking u time to fix this, bought u a beer :D

Update: nevermind, the problem came back after i noticed i couldn' t connect to game servers and did a restart. The computer has no internet access anymore as of this moment. i've attached newly scanned FRST and addition files. Hope it can be fixed.

Attached Files:

4. TwinHeadedEagle

TwinHeadedEagle Removal Expert
    Staff Member

Mar 8, 2013
    Malware Removal, Gaming
    Windows 7
    ESET
    How does it look like? Do you have an exclamation sign on your internet connection icon. Is this wired or wireless connection?