Serious Discussion No More Kaspersky in US !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvsurfer

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 20, 2019
Further Clarification - According to US Department of Commerce:

Kaspersky will be banned from selling its software to American consumers and businesses starting on July 20, but the company will be able to provide software and security updates to existing customers until September 29. After that, Kaspersky will no longer be permitted to push software updates to U.S. customers!

Last edited:

cartaphilus

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2023
Further Clarification - According to US Department of Commerce:

Kaspersky will be banned from selling its software to American consumers and businesses starting on July 20, but the company will be able to provide software and security updates to existing customers until September 29. After that, Kaspersky will no longer be permitted to push software updates to U.S. customers!
I wonder how will that be enforced?

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

TairikuOkami

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
But honestly, the block on KAV makes sense on a gov level. You would not use a door lock provided by your adversary so why would you use their security solution?
Indeed, as far as privacy goes, never use software friendly with your government. EU/US should prefer RU/CN software an vice versa. Enemy agencies do not share info, so you should be safe.

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Well I suppose it`s good house keeping seeing that Kaspersky was already banned in government agencies.

The FSB have been active in meddling with American internal affairs for years a la facebook, X/Twitter QAnon et al so I`m only wondering what took them so long to implement this one??

Regards Eck :)

• HaHa
Reactions: TairikuOkami

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
Gen Digital is now the new Kaspersky with all that data they have. I feel the US wanted to dominate the cyberspace looks like they have. Norton,AVG,Avast, and all the other companies they own are the new monster.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
1719052097354.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.