No sound after running a AdwCleaner Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka5

New Member
Hello!
After running a regular AdwCleaner-scan the speakers of my ASUS ZenBook have no sound anymore. I endlessly deinstalled and reinstalled drivers but couldn't fix it. What to do?
 
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Can you please post the content of the AdwCleaner scan file.
I would like to see what that deleted.

I need you also to run this scan and post the logs.
This is only a scan and nothing will be deleted.

If required I will give you a fix after reviewing your logs.

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Ensure that you are in an Administrator Account
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file to your reply:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.
[img=[URL]http://deeprybka.trojaner-board.de/eset/eng/attachlogs.png[/URL]]

Attach the file(s). A 2 Steps process.
Reply to this topic.
Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file you wish to Attach. <- Step 1.
Click Attach this file. <- Step 2.
Click the Add reply button.

Please post the logs for my review.

Let me know what problems persists.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
The Farbar program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
You should restore the program from the Quarantine folder.
====
 
Hello nasdaq: These are the logs of the AdwCleaner-scan.
In the meantime since the scan I reinstalled Windows, but kept my data and defaults - and my no-sound-problem.

The FRST-Scan got stuck the first two times I tried it.
I'll try it again.
EDIT: Not sure if it got stuck. It looked like it did, but it created two logs. ( :

EDIT2: The sound-problem only affects the internal speakers of my Laptop. HDMI, Bluetooth and audio-out (line-out) are working.
It would look like a hardware-problem, a material defect, if there wasn't this AdvCleaner-scan, and the fact that nothing else happened what could have affected the function of my speakers.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Ok. After two days of trying everything I found in every thread all around the internet I was rewarded: I installed two small Windows 10-Updates and shut my laptop down. Took the energy supply off and pressed the On/Off-Button for some seconds. Then I started it again and couldn't believe what I was hearing: something! As it was just about tension and discharge.
Thanks anyways & alles Liebe, alles Gute from Germany.
 
Hi,

Glad to see that all is well.

Your logs are clean of malware.

I found this article that may give youn some insight.

Laptop Internal Speakers No Sound
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top