Update NOD32 Antivirus / ESET Internet Security / Eset Smart Security Premium 15.0.16.0

CyberDevil

Level 2
Apr 4, 2021
Can't wait to test everything tonight! (in the meantime, I discover)
Came here to see if your test has already come out, very interesting to see the result, since no alternative tests have yet come out. :) By the way, why do testers hardly ever use Eset Online Scanner? Isn't it preferable to the practically dead company Zemana?

It's a great feature but as I wrote in the ESET forum, it submits too much to LiveGuard.
Strangely, I even had my doubts whether this feature is working for me. Eset still has not shown any message about downloading files to LiveGuard, although I have quite a lot of different software and utilities, including those without digital signatures. :rolleyes:

-------

I understand everyone's frustration that LiveGuard is only available on ESSP, but its availability on even a limited number of clients should increase the signature detection rate for everyone else. If believe SeriousHoax's post that Eset checks too many files in the cloud, maybe that is the reason for the limited implementation of this technology, only for some users, maybe in a year, when the cloud has a large white list, they will expand support, although I am not sure.

Shadowra

Level 5
Sep 2, 2021
Came here to see if your test has already come out, very interesting to see the result, since no alternative tests have yet come out. :) By the way, why do testers hardly ever use Eset Online Scanner? Isn't it preferable to the practically dead company Zemana?

No idea, just that Zemana is ultra fast to scan.
I will integrate Eset Online Scan soon.

And the test, it will be out tonight :D (Paris time)

Andrew3000

Level 9
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 8, 2016

Strangely, I even had my doubts whether this feature is working for me. Eset still has not shown any message about downloading files to LiveGuard, although I have quite a lot of different software and utilities, including those without digital signatures. :rolleyes:

-------

I understand everyone's frustration that LiveGuard is only available on ESSP, but its availability on even a limited number of clients should increase the signature detection rate for everyone else. If believe SeriousHoax's post that Eset checks too many files in the cloud, maybe that is the reason for the limited implementation of this technology, only for some users, maybe in a year, when the cloud has a large white list, they will expand support, although I am not sure.
Try this: Test ESET Dynamic Threat Defense functionality | ESET Dynamic Threat Defense | ESET Online Help

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
I also had problem with it on my device. It worked fine on a VM but not on my main system. Check test Number "V" from here. They messed up the Windows and Linux link here. So the Linux file is actually for Windows and vice versa. If it doesn't work then provide Marcos with your log on the ESET forum.

CyberDevil

Level 2
Apr 4, 2021
I also had problem with it on my device.
Interestingly, I made an exception for the folder where I downloaded the archive from your link, then unzipped the archive, made the file a new timestamp with the command from the instruction, and then copied the file to several directories on the system drive. No reaction, except for eicar signature detection if the file is run. I also look at the logs and see that LiveGuard only triggered me on a few Brave temporary files in all the time.

Screenshot 2021-10-20 203102.png

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
Interestingly, I made an exception for the folder where I downloaded the archive from your link, then unzipped the archive, made the file a new timestamp with the command from the instruction, and then copied the file to several directories on the system drive. No reaction, except for eicar signature detection if the file is run. I also look at the logs and see that LiveGuard only triggered me on a few Brave temporary files in all the time.

View attachment 261387
Really weird behavior on sending this browser cache.
The first test on the link is absurd. Avoid that. Try number "V. Test proactive protection" like I said in my previous comment and see what happens.

Andrew3000

Level 9
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 8, 2016

View attachment 261387
Have you always kept eset's real-time protection on?

carl fish

Level 6
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
I have asked Eset's support about Live Guard not being in internet security, this is their response

Is Eset's cloud sandbox analysis in your home products, I did read somewhere that's in Eset smart security Premium but it's not in your internet security product?
Hello Carl,

It is recently added. kindly refer to the features for v15.x release of our home products.

And you can get more info about LiveGuard here LiveGuard | ESET Smart Security Premium | ESET Online Help

Why is this feature only in Eset smart security and not internet security?

Thanks for the update, it is an add-on for the Premium product. ESET Internet Security is not a premium product.

Last edited: