Advice Request NOD32 vs Internet Security System impact

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Hello Guys,

Can u help me decide?
Eset nod32 is lighter on system resources than Eset Internet Security? I wanna use it on a new laptop (Elitebook 845 G7, Ryzen 5 Pro 4650).
Eset's website not so informative about system requirements and i want to know your experiences about it.
I know IS has more function but it's not relevant now.

Thank you!
Tibro

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Hello Guys,

Can u help me decide?
Eset nod32 is lighter on system resources than Eset Internet Security? I wanna use it on a new laptop (Elitebook 845 G7, Ryzen 5 Pro 4650).
Eset's website not so informative about system requirements and i want to know your experiences about it.
I know IS has more function but it's not relevant now.

Thank you!
Tibro
Less protection modules should result in a lower system impact, but as ESET is really light in general I wouldn't worry about that If I were you.

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
Less protection modules should result in a lower system impact, but as ESET is really light in general I wouldn't worry about that If I were you.

Thank you for your reply. You're right but one fact is worry me: new modern laptop processzors are energy efficient although they can easily run out of strength. Truly Ryzen 5 Pro 4650 is badass in mobile CPUs but i want to enjoy it's power as i can :)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Thank you for your reply. You're right but one fact is worry me: new modern laptop processzors are energy efficient although they can easily run out of strength. Truly Ryzen 5 Pro 4650 is badass in mobile CPUs but i want to enjoy it's power as i can :)
Just go with NOD32, and harden your Windows Firewall with FirewallHardening by AndyFul. It doesn't require any third party software that consumes even more computer resources. It simply adds additional rules to the Windows Firewall for increased protection.

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 72227

It would take a lot to slow that puppy down, especially if you have 8GB or more of ram. I'll just echo what @SecureKongo said....Eset overall is very light. The IS version in general will use more resources simply due to the fact that it has more modules. Despite that though, the difference will probably be extremely minimal and I would highly doubt you would actually notice a significant difference between the two.

In saying that, if you don't need the extra features of the IS version just get the AV and configure the other built in options within W10 (using one of @Andy Ful 's tools) to make your system even more secure if needed.

F

ForgottenSeer 72227

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post would be to take advantage of the trial period for each version before purchasing one. Eset like many others has a 30 day trial period, so I would trial the IS version for a few weeks, then trial the AV for a few weeks and go from there. At least this way you will know for sure if you notice any impact on your system, or if you prefer one over the other feature wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I'd recommend EIS if money isn't the issue. It was very light in my system and your device is much more powerful than mine. Eset Firewall in EIS is better than Windows Firewall or any standalone firewall tools for home users to my knowledge.
But then again I'd also recommend you try the trial 1st like @Raiden recommended.

Tibro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 10, 2017
I'd also suggest F-Secure if you want something light and easy. On my pc it scores better via benchmarks than Eset, also K7 Security as well.

I tried F-Secure but it's randomly blocked my router (Asus RT-AX55) few times a week and i had to restart it. I don't know how and why did it.
I uninstalled F-Secure and the phenomenon has gone. After that I installed it and problem came back again.

• Wow
Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I would say EIS. Pretty sure your system will be fine with it. I will say ESET has had the fewest problems for me out of the 5 or so third party apps I’ve tried in the last couple years. Only one issue that was solved quickly on their message boards.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.