Advice Request NordVPN discussion (Split)

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Prefer ExpressVPN because of one particular reason: they don't use any hard drives with its server network, but instead, only RAM memory so they can't save logs, etc.

Better explanation here:

Good to know NordVPN are improving, also they are moving to RAM memory system like ExpressVPN

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
NordVPN has excellent speeds, that the reason I pick hit up.
I like the software too, very intuitive:

1600974911483.png

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Prefer ExpressVPN because of one particular reason: they don't use any hard drives with its server network, but instead, only RAM memory so they can't save logs, etc.

Better explanation here:

Good to know NordVPN are improving, also they are moving to RAM memory system like ExpressVPN

The price is a problem too ;) 99€ Vs 52€

NORD

1600976785070.png

Express:

1600976822557.png

Reactions: Nevi and Cortex

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Good to know. This is a Update thread for NordVPN though.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have ExpressVPN, also Nord for my brother. I am going to install Nord on my own PC too. Is it okay to have two VPN apps installed on a PC?

• Wow
Reactions: Cortex and Nevi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Spawn: Do you use CyberSec? (Ad/Malware blocker) If so any issues with it? :D:D
CyberSec isn't great from my experience. It blocks some legitimate services, resulting in non-functioning apps on Android.

I also use the sideloaded version of NordVPN on Android, which has a few extras over the Play Store version. Learn more: CyberSec - Advanced Security Solution | NordVPN

Currently using a custom DNS with NordVPN, which disables CyberSec.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
CyberSec isn't great from my experience. It blocks some legitimate services, resulting in non-functioning apps on Android.

I also use the sideloaded version of NordVPN on Android, which has a few extras over the Play Store version. Learn more: CyberSec - Advanced Security Solution | NordVPN

Currently using a custom DNS with NordVPN, which disables CyberSec.

Thank you, will be using it on Windows & IOS only as have no Android devices

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
Planting a tree makes more sense than using multiple desktop VPN software.

NordVPN has a browser extension too.

LOL, I just pay for NordVPN, the others are promotions like windscibe that gives me 50GB per moth free.
I collect this free VPNs, because when Nord subscription is over, I probably will no pay for a VPN.
I have no really need of a VPN, just in some scenarios, like two weeks ago I stay in a Hotel for a week, in that scenario a VPN came handy.
So, in conclusion, when Nord subscription came to an end, I will stay with a free solution.

:)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
VERY bad servers for nord
Actually its the contrary.

I have GeoVPN, NordVPN, PIA and ExpressVPN.

Nord for me has the most consistent speed servers followed by GeoVPN and PIA.

GeoVPN I mainly use on my phone due to location spoofing that actually works. (needed for work)

PIA is ok but doesnt work most of the time to bypass Netflix regional restrictions and when it does, its speed takes a hit.

eXDj

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
^you tried windscribe to see ?all vpn not redirect corect,tried nord and express vpn to netflix turkey to see !
only windscribe work ok !!!

Reactions: Cortex

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
^you tried windscribe to see ?all vpn not redirect corect,tried nord and express vpn to netflix turkey to see !
only windscribe work ok !!!
nord vpn then netflix login and works fine. not sure what your issue is. You also need to be aware some tv programs and movies are restricted to specific countries by Netflix itself.

dabluez98

Level 3
Verified
Oct 2, 2018
i suggest contacting nordvpn support too than giving up - nordvpn has had major problems with accessing restricted countries but they have apparently imrpvoed recently in that area and stability, albeit, now you can't really torrent with nord lol...

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, I prefer EkspressVPN too and is renewing my subscription with them in October, but I am also looking at NordVPN & others,I will renew with EkspressVPN here in October and purchase at least one new VPN(IVPN perhaps). :)

Reactions: Cortex and amirr

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, I have just used IVPN Trial, & thank God for the trial, It was horrible, no speeds over 60mbps, and I have 300/50, never use 100 USD on that, I do not understand, there is a lot of features: Wireguard+Antitracker & Firewall, etc.
But the server capacity is missing, Jesus Christ!

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Hi, I have just used IVPN Trial, & thank God for the trial, It was horrible, no speeds over 60mbps, and I have 300/50, never use 100 USD on that, I do not understand, there is a lot of features: Wireguard+Antitracker & Firewall, etc.
But the server capacity is missing, Jesus Christ!
Shows how many variables there are with VPN's for example, you have found IVPN to be dreadful & slow - Yet my experience is that ti's one of if not the best VPN there is in speed reliability & features - It's good you used the trial rather than going on others opinions, our own experience is paramount.
EDIT: Just noticed how off topic this is sorry.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.