NordVPN vs. ExpressVPN Comparison

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
NordVPN and ExpressVPN are two popular, highly rated, VPN services. If you are looking for a new VPN service to join, you may wonder which of the two comes out at the top in general, and which may be best for you personally.

In this comparison, we will compare the two VPN services in detail to provide you with the information that you need to select the right service.​

The comparison and more information

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
I have had used Nordvpn, Mullvad and AirVPN. Wasn't really too happy with NordVPN myself, speed (down) was half of what I had with the other two competitors connecting to the same country. Didn't like the client at the time. Airvpn might be an option for geeks though, nothing but good experience with that one. :geek:

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
When choosing a VPN, you've got an insane amount of choices. In our best of guide and speed test guide, we've narrowed down the list from the wide array of branded commercial options out there to about 10. But that is still a lot to dig through. Which do you choose? In this article, we've taken three of our top choices -- ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN -- and compared their characteristics.

This isn't a one-size-fits-all competition. You'll need to decide which factors matter most to you, and from that, you can choose which product you want to test out. Keep in mind that all three products offer trial periods. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of that period to see which performs best in all of the likely situations where you'll be using a VPN.

And with that, let's dive in.

n8chavez

Level 16
Well-known
Feb 26, 2021
One thing that really bugs me about NORDVPN is the new login procedure. It just makes no sense! Web-based login based is dumb. You have to authenticate via a NordVPN site even before you can use the VPN! Why? That means that you have to communicate through a web browser, while not connected to a VPN server, in order to authenticate and use the VPN. Doesn't that then defeat the entire purpose of using a VPN? For this reason alone, I refuse to use it. I have a three year subscription now that's just going to waste before of this new change. ExpressVPN gets my vote, between the two, just for this reason.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
In my case NordVPN is very good. In my country, sometime of the year the internet speed is really bad (everyone in my country says the sharks bite the cable :ROFLMAO:). NordVPN has many servers in Southeast Asia, it improves my internet a lot.
Does the Internet work so badly?
I know that a friend in Thailand has fiber and that it is very fast o_O

Reactions: Nevi

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Kape Technologies buys ExpressVPN for $936 mln

Reactions: Kami7 and Nevi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.