Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
NAV doesn't include Safe Web on its components, Safe Web Lite usually updates at a later time after new versions of Safe Web is released.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
this about Norton Gadget.
hYafN.png

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I don't plan to buy any Norton products in the future because right now Avast Free provides enough protection for FREE. Norton products are way too expensive.
Norton products are really good but not worth the price.

Norton Internet Security- $69.99 for 1 year subscription, $139.98 for 2 year subscription (can find better prices by searching the web instead of buying from Symantec)
Symantec hardly offers anything for free except for removal tools.

Avast! Internet Security- $49.99 1 year subscription, $74.98 for 2 year subscription (offers discounts on renewal, sometimes 30% off, right now save $25 with 2-year package) Your money goes to support freeware development.

Thanks.:D

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
umbra, you know.
in this world will never ever getting something free with easy. need some sacrifice or whatever.
180 days is good enough. it's until mid march.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
90 days is the most standard promo on most security companies, a small chance to have 6 months or one year license for free.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
jamescv7 said:
90 days is the most standard promo on most security companies, a small chance to have 6 months or one year license for free.
Especially from Symantec, they hardly ever give anything away for free.

6 months is good, by then then they might be another promotion to extend it longer.

Nothing wrong with giving Norton a try, then you can see if you fell like it is worth the purchase price.

Thanks.:D

D

Deleted member 178

i hesitate...NAV has a lot of good features...specially Sonar and file insight... i will try.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
I'm tempted to buy the 1 PC license for $17 at purplus.

I'm very impressed by it. I don't think it's worth the money Symantec wants you to pay for it though.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I like Norton but I'm just depending on the free trials as promotion (except 30 days trial).

Mark

Apr 22, 2011
Littlebits said:
Norton Internet Security- $69.99 for 1 year subscription, $139.98 for 2 year subscription (can find better prices by searching the web instead of buying from Symantec)
Symantec hardly offers anything for free except for removal tools.

Avast! Internet Security- $49.99 1 year subscription, $74.98 for 2 year subscription (offers discounts on renewal, sometimes 30% off, right now save $25 with 2-year package) Your money goes to support freeware development.
If you want more than one computer protection, avast! Internet Security is the same price as Norton Internet Security for a one year subscription.

Norton Internet Security two year subscription is $114.99.

There are often discounts on the Norton website. Right now, Norton 360 one year subscription for three personal computers is $59.99.

mhartsellm

Mar 8, 2011
Life experience will teach you this Rule of Thumb: Never ever pay bust out retail for anything!! Good shoppers are made not born.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Although it failed in that test, I'm keeping it as there is still time for it to improve,

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
One of the best things with owning multiple security software licenses, You can change whenever you want, Although it's your system that will suffer the consequences of leftover drivers, files, folders and registry entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.