Advice Request Norton blocked Kaspersky website

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
Norton-Kaspersky.png

That's funny, I don't know why this happened.

bjm_

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 17, 2015
png_5005.png

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=https://support.kaspersky.com.br/consumer
Was URL from address bar or from email link or other page?
On occasion, I've seen Safe Web reports on the "referrer" (referring URL) .... regardless, of where "referrer" lands. I don't know if "referrer" is this event.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
On occasion, I've seen Safe Web reports on the "referrer" (referring URL) .... regardless, of where "referrer" lands. I don't know if "referrer" is this event.
I think this is the culprit here. Few months ago someone posted a similar error from Norton. In that case Norton was correct to block it but they should fix this popup which is showing the wrong url.

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
So, Bitdefender is not removing the detection? Maybe that site has something that Kaspersky somehow isn't aware of! This should be reported to Kaspersky and see what their response is. Likely someone probably has done it already.
Maybe some script that made web heuristics of Norton and BD get triggered. Who knows.

It seems to be in Kaspersky site.

fabiobr

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 28, 2019
It should be the site owner reporting the FP, not users. Site owner filing a report will have a lot more weight. It might have been a new site... maybe they haven't been aware of this website till recently... might be many reasons.
At least the Brazilian site support of Kaspersky seems to be changed, new design. I accessed it months ago and it wasn't like that.

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Reported this link to F-secure

Let's see what's their opinion
It's really strange that Bitdefender found it phishing 🧐
This site is safe
F-secure final verdict:

Our analysis has found that the URL you submitted is not harmful. Our security products rate it as safe.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.