Battle Norton Deluxe vs AVG Unlimited vs Kaspersky Total Security?

KonradPL

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2018
Hey

I have a need to buy an IS package for the whole family for PCs with windows and androids.

I need the package to offer great protection, be lightweight, have a customizable firewall (although to a small extent).
As for the androids, I need functions such as website filtering (firefox), device location and remote reset / blocking.

At the moment I am thinking about:

Norton, Kaspersky`m, AVG

I will be grateful for your help

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Kaspersky is the strongest of the three (at least for Windows). Also, I have a great experience with it on my dad's laptop, and would absolutely recommend it.
Since you want Android support too, I would recommend you to look for the most feature rich of the three, which I believe to be Norton, although I never tried it, so can't really give any feedback.
With any of those, if well tweaked, I think you'll be greatly satisfied. Also, make sure to check Bitdefender, which is one of my favorites too.

KonradPL

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2018
Thank for replies :)
I Test Norton now. I`m impressed of clean GUI, no impact for system and features for android. Weeb filtering is very good in both cases.
I like firewall of Norton for windows.
I`ll try Kaspersky and make at decision.
Guys what about avast? its good for simple user

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Avoid Avast IMO.

Norton has a great firewall. One of the few remaining suites with what amounts to a good firewall and I still consider a good firewall on a suite to be an important layer. If you are impressed with Norton, I'd stick with it. Kaspersky is good, if you trust them as a company then you can't go wrong there. But Norton is going to feel lighter and happier IMO.. :)

thrillskr

Level 2
Verified
Dec 28, 2018
I bought Norton Internet Security Deluxe + Norton VPN at Media Markt for only €25,00. It’s about zl 100, but i gues cheaper because in Holland everything is more expensive, as in Poland.

Norton with a few setting tweaks and you have good protection. I only don’t like the browsers plug-ins and other crap they push to install. But you can switch it off.

KonradPL

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2018
I tested Norton now and i like it ;)
Arcabit/MKS_Vir Great software! Looking for security only on windows they are one of the best security against malware or ransoms.
Why no? It`s simple. They don`t offer some important features for me on android.
I wanna all in one for whole family. One account, one subsscription and one tech support.

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
kaspersky is russian. russia made cyber attacks on the USA and other european countries. they may make one on you through kaspersky.

norton did poorly in the malware hub.

g-data did well in the malware hub. i would pick g-data.

L0ckJaw

Level 19
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 17, 2018
kaspersky is russian. russia made cyber attacks on the USA and other european countries. they may make one on you through kaspersky.

norton did poorly in the malware hub.

g-data did well in the malware hub. i would pick g-data.
Norton did poor ? Try to visit the hub again ! Norton is one of the strongest, especially compared to G-Data!

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.