New Update Norton has been really upping their game.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
This is SEP to be exact, and it's been like this for a while. Like you, I also appreciate the details that they provide. I wonder what kind of input Norton has in the engine nowadays. Is it all dependent on Symantec whose focus is on business customers, or does Norton can improve it as well?
Here's the signature update changelog page:

Last edited:

nickstar1

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
This is SEP to be exact, and it's been like this for a while. Like you, I also appreciate the details that they provide. I wonder what kind of input Norton has in the engine nowadays. Is it all dependent on Symantec whose focus is on business customers, or does Norton can improve it as well?
Here's the signature update changelog page:
I believe they both share the same engines. I also use the home product and they have been doing some serious tweaks to the behavioral detection as seen in my live updates. (More than I have ever seen before so I believe that’s a good indication.)

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I believe they both share the same engines. I also use the home product and they have been doing some serious tweaks to the behavioral detection as seen in my live updates. (More than I have ever seen before so I believe that’s a good indication.)
Yeah, the engine is the same. I was talking about and wondering if the Norton devs can still make required changes to their engine, or is it fully handled by Symantec now. I guess there's no way to know that.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.