- May 17, 2015
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- New Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton Security
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Online
Below FAQs addresses some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
Norton Security 22.214.171.124
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. What's new in Norton 126.96.36.199?
- Smart scan has been made available to Australia and New Zealand customers
- Silent activation of Norton Secure VPN after purchase
- Supports Norton Power Eraser 6.0
- Bug fixes:
- Smart Scan says ‘No issue found’ in Advanced Scan, when there are Network and Performance Issues – Forum Thread
- SmartScan displays the issues in Advanced Scan on first run but displays “No Issue Found” on immediate subsequent runs – Forum Thread
- Incessant upsell pop-ups - Forum Thread
- Advanced Scan takes a long time and never completes - Forum Thread
- Error 14000, 126 pop up - Forum Thread
- Unable to disable intrusion signatures - Forum thread
- Cannot enable Intrusion Autoblock - Forum thread
- Other minor bug fixes and performance enhancements
Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries.
- Norton 22.21.2 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
- Norton 22.21.2 targets versions 188.8.131.52 & 184.108.40.206
- This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)