New Update Norton Security 22.23.3.8 for Windows is now available!

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Norton Security 22.23.3.8 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

This update is available for the following Norton products:

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help.

22.23.3.8%20About.png

Below FAQ addresses some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

Norton Security 22.23.3.8

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.23.3.8?

• The below issue have been fixed:
    • Cannot launch Custom Scan Option. It does not respond. – Fixed
    • Norton UI opens on its own ever without any trigger – Fixed
    • Smart Scan: After clicking [View Solution], Message: "Cannot connect to the Norton server" appeared – Fixed
    • Autofix repeatedly detect and fix installation issues – Fixed
    • Unable to connect VPN - Due to certificate installation issue - Fixed
    • Norton Local Backup is taking more additional space on the external hard drive to complete the backup - Fixed
  • Other minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements

5. Where can I post my queries?

Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries.

Please note:

• Some of the features are being throttled
  • Norton 22.23.3 supports: Windows 7 SP1 with SHA2, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 11.
  • Norton 22.23.3 targets versions 22.22.11.4, 22.22.11.12, 22.23.1.14 & 22.23.1.21 builds.
  • This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)

Source: Norton Security 22.23.3.8 for Windows is now available!

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
You would think for one of the biggest security products they would fix the ability for a user to put a detected site on a "no block" what has Norton done the last 6 times iv tried the software? it's not allowed me to put a false positive on a whitelist. virtually every product allows this but Norton has an annoying bug which you cannot whitelist any detected sites it will just keep detecting them and blocking your access. This is why ill never use a Norton product till they fix this its trash for a product of this magnitude. Why has this not been fixed yet considering iv reported it numerous times norton does not give an F....

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
You would think for one of the biggest security products they would fix the ability for a user to put a detected site on a "no block" what has Norton done the last 6 times iv tried the software? it's not allowed me to put a false positive on a whitelist. virtually every product allows this but Norton has an annoying bug which you cannot whitelist any detected sites it will just keep detecting them and blocking your access. This is why ill never use a Norton product till they fix this its trash for a product of this magnitude. Why has this not been fixed yet considering iv reported it numerous times norton does not give an F....
Before you write a book about how bad Norton is because it won’t allow your illegal streaming site, did you follow the recommended by Norton steps to exclude a site?

Exclude a URL or domain from monitoring

Intrusion Prevention uses an extensive list of attack signatures to detect and block suspicious websites. In some cases, benign websites may be identified as suspicious, because it has a similar attack signature. If you receive notifications about a possible attack, and you know that the website or domain that triggers the notification is safe, you can exclude the signature from monitoring.

Exclude a URL or domain from the alert notification

1. On the alert notification, click View Details.
  2. In the Security History - Advanced Details window, click Unblock URL.
Exclude a URL or domain using your Norton

1. Start Norton.
    If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open.
  2. In the Norton main window, click Settings.
  3. In the Settings window, click Firewall or Network.
  4. Click the Intrusion and Browser Protection tab.
  5. Under Intrusion Prevention, in the App URL Monitoring Exclusions row, click Configure.
  6. Click the Add button and enter the URL or the domain name that you want to exclude from monitoring.
  7. If you want to edit or remove a URL or domain, do the following:
    • Select a URL or domain from the list and click the Edit button. Modify the URL or the domain name.
    • Select a URL or domain that you want to remove and click the Remove button.

Kiss

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 6, 2021
Before you write a book about how bad Norton is because it won’t allow your illegal streaming site, did you follow the recommended by Norton steps to exclude a site?

Exclude a URL or domain from monitoring

Intrusion Prevention uses an extensive list of attack signatures to detect and block suspicious websites. In some cases, benign websites may be identified as suspicious, because it has a similar attack signature. If you receive notifications about a possible attack, and you know that the website or domain that triggers the notification is safe, you can exclude the signature from monitoring.

Exclude a URL or domain from the alert notification

1. On the alert notification, click View Details.
  2. In the Security History - Advanced Details window, click Unblock URL.
Exclude a URL or domain using your Norton

1. Start Norton.
    If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open.
  2. In the Norton main window, click Settings.
  3. In the Settings window, click Firewall or Network.
  4. Click the Intrusion and Browser Protection tab.
  5. Under Intrusion Prevention, in the App URL Monitoring Exclusions row, click Configure.
  6. Click the Add button and enter the URL or the domain name that you want to exclude from monitoring.
  7. If you want to edit or remove a URL or domain, do the following:
    • Select a URL or domain from the list and click the Edit button. Modify the URL or the domain name.
    • Select a URL or domain that you want to remove and click the Remove button.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of Avast, Comodo and etc fanboys here, so they don't miss the chance to invent or speak ill of other companies without even knowing how the settings work, it's very simple to put a site on Norton's white list, in this case the problem is the user, not the program.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Unfortunately, there are a lot of Avast, Comodo and etc fanboys here, so they don't miss the chance to invent or speak ill of other companies without even knowing how the settings work, it's very simple to put a site on Norton's white list, in this case the problem is the user, not the program.
First of all, for Norton to block a site, there is a reason. They are not blocking a specific site because they’ve got nothing else to do all day.

As to the fanboys, as soon as you see someone is only ever talking about one product and not the whole industry as an overall, be aware.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
What I really like about Norton is its detection engine which is excellent.
But, I wish they would find a way to block bloated files... I know that Norton's engine doesn't analyze files that have a certain weight but on SEP we can correct that.
Why not create a SONAR rule with something like... if such file does such action => Malware and quarantine...

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Why not create a SONAR rule with something like... if such file does such action => Malware and quarantine...
There are many such rules. Some of them are classifiers (behavioural profiles), others are stricter policies called Behavioural Policy Enforcement. Against inflated files they may work, they may not. Depends on other behaviour and payload.

CyberDevil

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 4, 2021
First of all, for Norton to block a site, there is a reason.
I find that Norton blocks innocuous websites comparatively often. Recently it blocked me from going to the website of a company that helps apply to study in Japan. It's a fully legitimate site with good online reviews :) I sent a request and it's already been whitelisted, they do it pretty quickly, but false detections do happen.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.