Advice Request Notice of Class Action Settlement re Google Plus - is it legit or scam?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hello

I just got this email in my gmail account today. Is it a scam? It telling me to go to this site w w w . GooglePlusDataLitigation. com to file the claim
firefox_3Tk8DAKS7T.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
12 bucks, is after all 12 bucks. Here in the EU we user gets zero and that's even after Google supposed to pay billions, started back in 2017.
Or as politicians love to say, it's another account and we can't do anything about it. 🤥

Protomartyr

Level 7
Sep 23, 2019
I think what gave me pause when filing a claim was that you had to input your banking info to get the digital check and also reading that the payout would more likely be $5. On top of that, I have no way to tell if I actually had my information leaked as the email only states that I may be a settlement class member and may be eligible. It's not guaranteed that a filed claim will be eligible even if I got the email.

Giving out more sensitive info compared to what may have been leaked in the Google+ incident doesn't sit well with me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.