Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
thehackernews.com_.jpg

The German public broadcaster, ARD, has said two Tor servers in Germany were keenly being watched by the US agency. ARD was citing information given by official sources, when they said almost anyone searching for Tor or installing it might be watched by the NSA.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
It looks like we don't have to worry about Chinese Antiviruses spying on us anymore. I read that NSA is spying on common users in the USA more than Foreign Government's.:eek:

Squeezy

Level 1
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
If its not NSA can break it.

But in all seriousness i'm doing nothing illegal and they wouldn't just arrest random people for the hell of it o.o and to be honest I don't the entire "lets spy on Skype, Google..etc.." tendency since it's not like terrorists are going to be so unprofessional by using public social networks or cloud storage to store their private info in.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Yeah, They can't arrest random people as they cannot show any proof, if they will show any such proof that would make the world know that they are spying world.

Terrorist are smart enough to hide themselves well.

D

Deleted member 178

why do you think Truecrypt is suddenly stopped...

"when you can't break a safe, go force the owner to give the key, and if doesn't want give the key, force the safe manufacturer to stop making more safe"

NSA works with Microsoft , and both share some secret keys to enter any Windows OS.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Ohh boy i cannot resist to make a comment here.

NSA and other agencies CAN, WILL gather your private data wherever they can and have to, either by a automated proccress either by direct involvement.
Not a single device with internet enabled will be safe from this.
The very fact you are running Windows itself means that most of your online credentials are already on file.
Most people do have concerns about online privacy, fact is there is NONE and there will never be any and neither WAS there ever a so called thing as privacy.
And yes the American intelligence has taken it a step further together with the British intelligence agencies.
What people do not realize that this whole spy thingy has been in the making for years.
Hardware and software where already manipulated back before windows 95 with the sole aim to carry a network in a near future.
However hardware was far less capable then now so the whole thing sort of faded away.
But that does not change the fact companies around the world have added "favors" into their systems because some law rule forced them to comply. call it some sort of legal compliance rule.
That being said the moment ANY internet capable device makes contact it will be "known"
The very fact that companies claim: I did not know
Is BS in 90% of all cases as local law forced them to comply.
It just looks better to your costumers to say i did not know rather then say yes i sold you out.

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Five years ago I ran a popular underground security forum. We never hosted anything like CCs but we did discuss and release (not sell) exploits, malware and viruses and we talked about hacking, including hardware hacking.

About a year after starting the forum up I began to notice some interesting anomalies in the log files. Not a week later and I began to notice that I was under surveillance. If you know what to look for it's not particularly difficult to tell. New vehicles appear in your area, acting suspiciously, your internet connection slows etc. I'm hesitant to go into the details but I immediately shut down the forum and the suspicious activity stopped.

Unfortunately there is no way to be sure whether I was simply being paranoid or whether myself and my site were being spied on, I have evidence but non of it conclusive. Anyway just a warning that you can have the best security measures possible and you will still get spied on if somebody with enough money, finds a good reason to spy on you.

D

Deleted member 178

what was the name of your forum? (you can PM it to me , if you want keep it anonymous)

Reactions: Cowpipe
D

Deleted member 178

if you want be "safe" use Linux , it is safe out of the box, of course they still can hack you after , but at least they will have to work a bit :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.