nslookup.exe Bitcoin Miner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira23

Thread author
Jul 14, 2023
Hello,
I've just started seeing this application taking a lot of CPU power after I ran a shady application.
After I searched up a solution, I found this forums where a lot of people had my issue.
I've also seen that they started asking for two files generated by a program so I already did it.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    129.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: vtqhtr413

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Edge Extension: (SponsorSkip) - C:\Users\Kairos\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Extensions\mbfippfpgoaonnkdckaademcmflcnpda [2023-01-30]
Please read the review/Avis for this Extension at: SponsorSkip

Decide if you want to keep it or replace it by SponsorBlock from:

To remove it add and save the following text to the Fixliist.txt before executing the fix.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Now clean the Windows Defender Quarantine folder.

Comment: Delete/Restore quarantined files.

How to: Delete/Restore quarantined files.

Follow the directives on the page to delete all the files in the quarantine folder.

Restart the computer when done.
<<<>>>

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

If the problem persists execute this program.
Microsoft Safety Scanner - MSERT.exe

Please make sure you have the latest Windows 10 updates before proceeding.

Please set File Explorer to SHOW ALL folders, all files, including Hidden ones.
Please use this Guide for Windows 10 or 11. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d-folders-in-windows-97fbc472-c603-9d90-91d0-
Follow the instructions.

Then Download the Microsoft Scanner for this site:

Launch MSERT.exe
Accept the agreement terms of Microsoft
Select CUSTOM scan
Look on Scan Options & select CUSTOM scan & then select the C drive to be scanned.

Then start the scan. Have lots of patience. Once you start the scan & you see it started, then leave it be.

Once you see it has started, take a long long break; walk away. Do not pay credence if you see some intermediate early flash messages on screen display. The only things that count are the End result at the end of the run.
Again, any on-screen display about repeat 'infection' is not to be relied on. Ignore those.
We only rely on the end result that is on the log-report-file.

This is likely to run for many hours ( depending on number of files on your machine & the speed of hardware.)

The log is named MSERT.log

the log will be at

Windows\debug\msert.log
Please attach that log with your reply

p.s.
There are more information for you to read in the download link.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 2

Akira23

Thread author
Jul 14, 2023
Hello, at the end I've decided to just format my C: Drive, thanks for the support though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.