Nslookup using 100% cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJK1LL3R

Thread author
Mar 21, 2022
Hii. I am having a issue where nslookup just uses 100% cpu it stops using whenever i open task manager but goes back up again after i close. Am pretty sure its because of a virus i might have download which keeps automatically executing nslookup in background. I already git rid of all the suspicious files but cant get rid of this problem

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)
Please follow the following instruction ..:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. --> IMPORTANT

If your antivirus software detects the tool as malicious, it’s safe to allow FRST to run. It is a false-positive detection.
If English is not your primary language, right click on FRST.exe/FRST64.exe and rename to FRSTEnglish.exe/FRST64English.exe

Note:
You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click the FRST icon to run the tool. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button and wait for a while.
  • The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please attach the content of these two logs in your next reply.
---------------------------------------------------

In your next reply, please include:
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

AJK1LL3R

Thread author
Mar 21, 2022

If your antivirus software detects the tool as malicious, it’s safe to allow FRST to run. It is a false-positive detection.
If English is not your primary language, right click on FRST.exe/FRST64.exe and rename to FRSTEnglish.exe/FRST64English.exe

Note:
You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click the FRST icon to run the tool. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Note:

• FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt
Hi Thank you for your reply. Fortunately my problem was solved after using alternative anti virus. But if I do have the problem again i will follow the steps mentioned above Thanks once again.

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi Thank you for your reply. Fortunately my problem was solved after using alternative anti virus. But if I do have the problem again i will follow the steps mentioned above Thanks once again.

Thanks for letting me know ..! :) As your problem appears to be resolved, this topic is now closed.

Regards
icotonev

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.