Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox and Google Chrome with HitmanPro.Alert and WOT
Maintenance tools
CCleaner and Glary Utilities 5
D

Deleted member 178

The guy who work on the pc, im using haves 25 years in belt in terms of repairing a building PCs.

He could have 100 years experience , i wouldn't trust anybody, no one will access my system; but if you trust him, good for you. ;)

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Sort but will have to point out: I disagree with your disclaimer that this config is for someone with good malware removal skills.

You better off saying its for advanced users.

Malware removal skills will have nothing to do with your current setup and even then you can still easily get infected.

Remember that is not just MT users who visit the forums and many are beginners and average.

Reactions: jamescv7

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Sort but will have to point out: I disagree with your disclaimer that this config is for someone with good malware removal skills.

You better off saying its for advanced users.

Malware removal skills will have nothing to do with your current setup and even then you can still easily get infected.

Remember that is not just MT users who visit the forums and many are beginners and average.
I did put caution on it.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Not saying you didn't but the way it was worded is inaccurate.

Like I said malware removal skills have nothing to do with your current setup. It will simply confuse viewers and also give the wrong impression

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Not saying you didn't but the way it was worded is inaccurate.

Like I said malware removal skills have nothing to do with your current setup. It will simply confuse viewers and also give the wrong impression
i updated for you

Reactions: Soulbound

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Also i like to point out to people that the place in ? which i will not say its name for legals reasons who built this pc got staff who have years with PC building and repairing.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Also i like to point out to people that the place in ? which i will not say its name for legals reasons who built this pc got staff who have years with PC building and repairing.
Don't think its relevant to discuss this topic further so no need to reference it anymore and others shouldn't reference either. Thanks

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
With every HIPS program in the world on your PC it doesn't mean certain malware can't bypass them all. UAC is necessary even for expert users, a login password is also needed.
Well here the thing people that run programs 9/10 will always say yes on the UAC and get it over with,that's why AVs are need to keep the user in cheek.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Don't think its relevant to discuss this topic further so no need to reference it anymore and others shouldn't reference either. Thanks
i just wanted to make sure people understand what happen with my pc and also they understand that the password was out of my hands at the time of building,also i like to point out that there no more of me being bashed by something that was out of my hands, Now lets talk about the positive things about the software i use for my system.

Last edited:

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Please lets all respect OP request and not discuss uac and password protection any further. Going further lets all provide feedback and discussion on utilities used etc
Thanks

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Like to point out that 360 Security Center haves a very good HIPs and sandbox better then Comodo firewall's that's why i chose it with my new pc at the time and it help me when gdata was having some troubles due a bad program update nothing to do with the malware blacklist updates.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Like to point out that 360 Security Center haves a very good HIPs and sandbox better then Comodo firewall's that's why i chose it with my new pc at the time and it help me when gdata was having some troubles due a bad program update nothing to do with the malware blacklist updates.
Hmm, Comodo's sandbox is way better if you follow cruelsister's way to set it up since 360 sandbox again requires you to know what you should run in it or not instead of just automaticaly running everything untrusted in it.

nsm0220

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
Hmm, Comodo's sandbox is way better if you follow cruelsister's way to set it up since 360 sandbox again requires you to know what you should run in it or not instead of just automaticaly running everything untrusted in it.
But here the thing though CIS sandbox is weak enough for malware to kill CIS doing my testing of it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.