Advice Request Number of browser extensions you have

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
For security related stuff, it is all that is really needed. I typically see that it is the paranoid, privacy types that pile on the extensions, falsely thinking that they can make their browsing anonymous and private or falsely thinking that certain extensions greatly increase their security.

Yup, too many extension spoil the brew. How many of these extensions are do the same thing as your AV? I use uBlock Origin , uBlock Origin Extra ( not sure if I really need this one), Lastpass and Privacy Possum.

itchy

Level 1
Aug 1, 2018
  • BetterTTV: So I can enjoy Twitch just a little bit better.
  • Dashlane: Password manager.
  • Disable WebRTC: Self explanatory, actually.
  • FoxyProxy: A better way of routing to proxies (especially when using BurpSuite).
  • HTTPS Everywhere: Forces HTTPS
  • Stylus: Open source fork of Stylish (cause they were tracking you). Used for custom themes for websites.
  • uBlock Origin: Ad Blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.