Expired O&O SafeErase 14 Professional Edition

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
https://www.oo-software.com/de/special/txp231
How to get a license
-Go to the indicated Page & Enter your email address and click on "Request a free license" / "Kostenlose Lizenz anfordern" (The page is in GERMAN,You can use Google Translator De->En)

irfanuas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Mar 15, 2019
img8File.png

Your personal photos and confidential documents can easily fall into the wrong hands when you sell, give away or dispose of your old PC or hard drives. Identity theft is now a widespread security threat. This is because clicking on “Delete” does not mean your files are permanently deleted. Even formatting the hard disk is not enough to permanently delete data. O&O SafeErase permanently deletes your confidential files using recognized methods so that a recovery is never possible, not even when using the best file recovery software.

Homepage:

System Requirements:
Supported systems: Windows® 10 | 8.1 | 8

Download:

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Controls aren't very granular. Did a quick clean of my browser and lost all my favicons (restored now from backup).

Tried the full clean option, and countless errors on wiping "tips"... so many errors that the program declined to report additional errors (for real, there was a notification).

This thing is slow as can be. I uninstalled and will stick w/Privazer.

FWIW, I didn't see any context menuing which would allow me to select a file/folder for wiping.

Thanks for the offer, but this one isn't for me.

Reactions: Dave Russo

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Damn. I just discovered that this "cleaning tool" removed all the custom search tools I added in both Chrome and Edge (Chromium) browsers. Anyone know which file holds this info so I can restore from backup?

... and it took out the list of sites that I white-listed for cookie retention (like malwaretips.com). So I call it now "Notso Safe Erase".
pacman cookie.gif

Reactions: Dave Russo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.