Ohcipala's config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I'm still using Windows 7, I was told to stay away from Windows 8. Does 8.1 fix all the problems or should I stay with 7?
Dear fellow member @peterhughes, I still use Windows 7 too!:D In our home there's also an older desktop with XP dual booted with Linux lubuntu, an Acer laptop with Windows 8.1 update 1, & The Vaio laptop with Windows 7. Our Windows 7 Home Premium is the crown jewel everyone would rather use. Although I've been dealt the 8.1 system by default, it's mainly because the Queen of our castle rules from her throne with Windows 7!:D Don't get me wrong, I like Windows 8.1, even more than our (older) computer with a (newer) lubuntu system, but Windows 7 (imho) is presently the most comfortable & efficient of the lot.:rolleyes: There isn't anything wrong with 8.1 update 1 except for the one thing which cannot be overcome, and the reason for this is (essentially) because it is not Windows 7.:oops: Someday, we might not have a choice. Today, we can still enjoy the fact that Windows 7 is still a favorite which you won't have to worry about giving up just yet.;)

I had Windows Vista, so I decided to upgrade to Windows 8 and 8.1.
toffee,:) how do you like Windows 8.1 compared to Vista?:cool: I happened to miss out on all the fun while everyone was jumping off from Windows 98, and somehow (after the smoke had settled) I'd eventually ended up skipping ahead to XP...:confused: :p:D

Last edited:

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
@Cats-4_Owners-2 I remember 98, used XP several years, then bought laptop with Vista. When appeared Windows 8, I decided to upgrade. First look - I like Vista after long using XP. I like changes, so I decided very quickly to change my system. 8 is lighter than Vista. Next I upgrade 8 to 8.1. I almost forgot about Vista. Vista was not too bad at the end, maybe some troubles at the beginning (young Vista). I like go ahead and don't turn back. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.