Maintenance tools
Ccleaner,Glary utilities.
File and Photo backup
Norton Ghost

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
HI! Very scary stuff that you know my ISP my IP and that I'm running Windows and Firefox.
Not sure I like that!!!
I'm a new member to this forum by the way! Just surfing and finding my way around.
Why do you post those things??

He doesn't know anything ... it's a dynamic signature in Javascript client-sided if I'm not mistaken ...
Long story short, only you see that. Right now, I see my own IP, ISP, OS and browser. Not yours.

Reactions: Logethica and Kent

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! OK Thanks for your information Aura. Scary stuff to a new member like myself.
I won't worry sense you have explained it to me
Thank you!!

Reactions: Logethica

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
He doesn't know anything ... it's a dynamic signature in Javascript client-sided if I'm not mistaken ...
Long story short, only you see that. Right now, I see my own IP, ISP, OS and browser. Not yours.
OK thanks Aura. I'm still learning about this forum. I won't worry about it, now that you explained it to me.

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
HI! Very scary stuff that you know my ISP my IP and that I'm running Windows and Firefox.
Not sure I like that!!!
I'm a new member to this forum by the way! Just surfing and finding my way around.
Why do you post those things??
Welcome to MT!!! I don't know your ISP and IP and your browser:D It is called browser fingerprinting......... go to http://useragentstring.com/
It is my signature and some other well-known members have the same banner/signature too:p

Last edited by a moderator:

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Welcome to MT!!! I don't know your ISP and IP and your browser:D It is called browser fingerprinting......... go to http://useragentstring.com/
It is my signature and some other well-known members have the same banner/signature too:p
Ok ! Thanks :p Kent ! I guess I'll have to add a signature later after I learn my way around the forum!
It is really friendly here. I'm sure I'm going to like it here. I just noticed that there are threads from this site being posted on Google.
That's the reason I'm here and registered. Looks like a cool forum!

Hesam

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2014

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Ok ! Thanks :p Kent ! I guess I'll have to add a signature later after I learn my way around the forum!
It is really friendly here. I'm sure I'm going to like it here. I just noticed that there are threads from this site being posted on Google.
That's the reason I'm here and registered. Looks like a cool forum!
Yes it is a cool forum :cool:

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
You should try at least the addons. ;)
yeah i agree!
You don't want to use any back-up and recovery solution ?
What was your last malware infection ?
I strongly suggest you to uninstall TuneUp. At this point, tweak your system manually, way better. If you have "Advanced" Computing Knowledge, it should be easy for you.
Are you using the Free or Premium version of Malwarebytes ?
why uninstall TuneUp?
i use Premium version of Malwarebytes.
its "Flame".one of my friends email was hacked and i think she send that mail and i open and....:eek:

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
yeah i agree!

why uninstall TuneUp?
i use Premium version of Malwarebytes.
its "Flame".one of my friends email was hacked and i think she send that mail and i open and....:eek:
That has happened to me twice. MBAM blocked it and flagged it as malicious. I traced the IP to Russia and notified my friend.
I would never go on line without MBAM Pro
Why do you need TuneUp??

omidomi

Level 71
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
That has happened to me twice. MBAM blocked it and flagged it as malicious. I traced the IP to Russia and notified my friend.
I would never go on line without MBAM Pro
Why do you need TuneUp??
1-i have 1 license of that and i want use that!
2-program deactivator,start up faster,and many useful tools in that.
3-its 4or5 years i use tune up utilites and i get the habit with that :D

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
1-i have 1 license of that and i want use that!
2-program deactivator,start up faster,and many useful tools in that.
3-its 4or5 years i use tune up utilites and i get the habit with that :D
Ok ! I don't need them nor do I recommend them. Different strokes for different fokes:D

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Because many of these "optimization" products are made by scammers. I don't mean all of them are bad, but most of them are. Registry is a sensitive thing and shouldn't be done by a software.

This.
Also, everything you do via TuneUp can be done via in-built Windows utilities : msconfig, services, regedit, Autoruns (this one is from Sysinternals Suite however), Turn On/Off Windows Features, etc. If you have Advanced Computing Knowledge like you say, it should be a piece of cake for you. TuneUp will often conflict with Windows services/features in order to "do it's job", creating random issues that can only be solved, most of the time, by uninstalling the program directly.

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
This.
Also, everything you do via TuneUp can be done via in-built Windows utilities : msconfig, services, regedit, Autoruns (this one is from Sysinternals Suite however), Turn On/Off Windows Features, etc. If you have Advanced Computing Knowledge like you say, it should be a piece of cake for you. TuneUp will often conflict with Windows services/features in order to "do it's job", creating random issues that can only be solved, most of the time, by uninstalling the program directly.
Also, you should try to pirate their product.
They will open a new webpage in your browser, dark your desktop with red color, and constantly create pop-ups, giving legal threats...None of the products I trust do this. ESET just invalidates the keys, Malwarebytes detects as a virus, Hitman Pro returns to the trial version, Emsisoft opens a pop-up windows vocalizing a sincere message from the CEO and giving one hour free for testing...the list goes on and on, none of them become violent.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Also, you should try to pirate their product.
They will open a new webpage in your browser, dark your desktop with red color, and constantly create pop-ups, giving legal threats...None of the products I trust do this. ESET just invalidates the keys, Malwarebytes detects as a virus, Hitman Pro returns to the trial version, Emsisoft opens a pop-up windows vocalizing a sincere message from the CEO and giving one hour free for testing...the list goes on and on, none of them become violent.

I wouldn't even use the legal version of their product, so imagine pirating it ...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.