Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
browser-share-2011-06-01.png

Chrome is now used by one out of every eight people on the Internet, new statistics show, but Microsoft's latest browser is showing signs of steady growth, too.

Specifically, Chrome usage increased from 11.9 percent in April to 12.5 percent in May, according to statistics released today by Net Applications. The company bases its findings on population-adjusted measurements of visitors to Web sites using its analytics tools.

Google has been promoting Chrome widely, taking out ads, publicizing it on YouTube with Lady Gaga songs and sentimental videos, sponsoring developer events, and devoting a full day at Google I/O to the browser and its close relative, Chrome OS. The company's primary objective: make the Web a faster, more powerful foundation for software and services.

Although the company offers Chrome for free, Google sees it as an indirect revenue source. For one thing, the company benefits when greater activity on the Web leads to more search and display ads. For another, it offers two options that dovetail with Google's talking point du jour--the lucrative business of building a platform. Chrome OS, sold in laptops and corporate subscriptions, is one; the other is the Chrome Web Store, through which Google hopes developers will sell Web apps.

Read more

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Opera has hardly changed in usage % since 2009.
How come the new browser is more popular?

FF got somehow in the business and Chrome is surely use because of google that is a big name.

Tom172

Level 1
Feb 11, 2011
Google chrome gets bundled with alot of software (Flash, avast etc)

It's hard to do anything or go anywhere and not come across google chrome. It's heavily advertised.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Valentin N said:
elliotcroft said:
Opera has hardly changed in usage % since 2009.
How come the new browser is more popular?

FF got somehow in the business and Chrome is surely use because of google that is a big name.
I suppose, Google.com is the most visited site in the world.
FireFox is also considerably new compared to Opera, though they don't have the excuse that Chrome has.

G

Guest28

Google chrome is boss. I'v always liked it more than firefox or IE because of speed.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Well I have think that is not a suprise. One day that would of happend. I am trying Google Chrome now and I think that it is very great ;)

D

Deleted member 178

the problem with opera excepted the fact it is a great browser, it is you dont have the variety of addons like FF or chrome...

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
the problem with opera excepted the fact it is a great browser, it is you dont have the variety of addons like FF or chrome...
But you can't count features that are not actually part of the browser.

D

Deleted member 178

elliotcroft said:

sure except the addons lacks, for me opera is the best one i used.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
elliotcroft said:

sure except the addons lacks, for me opera is the best one i used.
Opera now has extension support, so you can't count the lack of extensions against it.
Opera includes a lot with it by default, which is more than I could say for either Chrome or FireFox.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Honestly from every computers I saw Google Chrome are installed followed with FF.

V

Vextor

I like Opera. but lack of feautures bring me to Firefox. However, when I get the slowdowns, Chrome attracts me back and I now use it as a daily web browser

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
I'm just happy to see people moving away from Internet Explorer. I see Chrome being bundled with many products (you are asked during the install if you also want Chrome).

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It just show how much people are starting to use Google Chrome. Soon other people will be starting to use other browsers. Like Safari.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Even if Chrome comes bundled in some products ,that dosen't mean people will start using it.If you don't like something you won't use it..even if you installed it by mistake. :) .
All the advertising in the world can't support a "junk" product.
Google manage to increase their market share by delivering a high quality product.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.